Working on Thanksgiving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLObrewer

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else on here is working during thanksgiving?
It's a good thing we have internet and dish network, I'd go nuts otherwise.
Ah well that's what we get paid the big bucks for right?:rockin:
I'm on nights, 18:00 - 06:00, how bout you?

On paper, I have the next four days off. In reality, I am sitting in here in front of the computer debugging something @ 7:30a on Thanksgiving.

I go to school in Canada, I have a final exam today, a 2 hour lab, and a 20 page paper due by midnight. I'm taking the bus home at 3:45, as I'll be done with those by then.

Count me in as working today too. Less then an hour and its turkey time! Thankfully my family is willing to put dinner off until my wife and I can get there. Didn't realize we had so many HBT shiftworkers.

Same here. Television is always broadcasting so we man the place 24/7/365. I'm here until around 11:30pm...at least they cater big fat meals on the holidays so I'll be well fed (and good for NOTHING) in about an hour.

-Tripod

I am worked Thanksgiving (it is 430 in the morning now here). I was on a security patrol, but the Turkey MRE was awesome. At least we have the football games on now.

Well, if you are in Canada, then it isn't Thanksgiving for you anyway. :p

Yeah, it's when we American's ravaged the indians! The Canadians had nothing to do with it! They were just all like "What you doin down there eh?"

I don't have to work today (not even any events listed), but I do have to work at 7:00AM tomorrow.

Yup I too am one of the poor schlubs who has to work holidays. I'll be here until 2330. Then it's off to drink with family and friends.:tank:

Back