Who would you Brew with? Dead or Alive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOP31

Reaction score
If given the opportunity, Who, Dead or Alive, would you want to have at your next brew day?

Me:
My mothers father; I knew him for a short period of time but in that time we grew very close. I am sure that if he and I were able to hang out now we would be very close, and enjoy the hobby together. I still to this day feel a very close connection to my grandfather, it is hard to explain, but i think of him as my "Life Editor". When ever there is an event in my life and i reflect back upon it, I see him as a copy editor reading over my work and letting me know how to correct things that went wrong and praising the positive actions I have made in my life.

So I ask you: If there was someone, Dead or alive, real or make believe. WHO would you brew with?

Cheers

Charlie Papazian. I never would have started home brewing if it weren't for his book.

EDIT: It would be interesting to brew Poor Richard's ale with Benjamin Franklin and see what he thinks of it.

How long would this dead person be dead before brewing with them? Because at a certain point in the decomposition process, I'd think the risk for an infected batch would be astronomical.

I'd like to brew with the old guy at my mother-in-law's house last night. He commented that he can only drink one or two beers. That's the comment that he always makes when he opens a Bud Light. I told him I had some home brews he was welcome to try and he lit up like a kid on Christmas morning and said "You have brew"!

He said he wanted to try one of the red ales I brought and trying turned into enjoying a couple of them while he told me of his brewing days in the 40s. I'd like to give him the opportunity to brew again.

The King of Beer and Pop.... Michael Jackson..I'm sure to learn a thing or 2 while brewing with him.

+1 on Thomas Jefferson, the true renaissance man. There is records of him having a brewhouse at Monticello. To be able to brew and talk with such a brilliant man would be incredible.

My other thought would be my father in law, who passed away about a year before I started brewing. I don't think he would have enjoyed the brewing itself that much, and I never saw him drink more than one beer at a sitting, but I would have loved for him to be able to try my beers.

My Dad, when he was alive he loved my homebrew, but because of his health he could never come down here to brew with me. Now that I am doing AG he would really get a kick out of it..

Here's one to you Dad. :mug:

Anthony Hopkins. He's just done so much and seems like such a nice down-to-earth guy. Seems like something he's just really enjoy.

Loved his performance in "The World's Fastest Indian".

+1 on Anthony Hopkins. That is one cool dude.

If not him, I'd have to go w/ Kathy Bates. Can you picture Kathy Bates hanging out brewing/ drinking in the garage? That would be so cool. I can just picture her getting all smashed and passing out in the yard..........

Or Salma Hayek.:ban:

rabidgerbil said:
+1 on Thomas Jefferson, the true renaissance man. There is records of him having a brewhouse at Monticello. To be able to brew and talk with such a brilliant man would be incredible.

Not sure about Jefferson but Washington distilled spirits on top of brewing.

Jenna Jameson, Gemma Atkinson, Jenny McCarthy, Lucy Pinder and Keely Hazell. :rockin:

Henry Miller, WC Fields, my grandad, Bob Marley, Gene Wilder. Totally random assortment of people.

I'm going with James Madison. If i recall, he wanted to establish a United States Brewery funded by the feds for the people to know they'll always have beer.

Him or Johnny Cash

Klainmeister said:
I'm going with James Madison. If i recall, he wanted to establish a United States Brewery funded by the feds for the people to know they'll always have beer.

Him or Johnny Cash

Ooohhhh!

+1 Johnny Cash, wish i had thought of that one...

One of the revolutionary types would be interesting just to see how things were done and how their version of beer compares with ours.

Also Jamil Zainasheff. The guy is a brewing god.

I would like to open the door to my freezer with the seven pounds of hops in it, turn to Jimmy Buffet and say, "What would you do?"

McKBrew said:
One of the revolutionary types would be interesting just to see how things were done and how their version of beer compares with ours.

Also Jamil Zainasheff. The guy is a brewing god.

+1 on Jamil...
+5 if he brings John Palmer along

Latest posts

Back