Signing off for a while...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Most likely.

I am very happy to announce I am going to be a daddy again. We are adopting our 2nd child. A beautiful little girl. She is 7 mos. old. After months of waiting she is ready to travel and I am going to bring her home. On my way to South Korea tomorrow! :ban:

So, most likely I won't be checking in here much if any. Definately won't be brewing much I suspect. I know I had to stop when my son first came home until he was at least 2.

I wish you all a happy new year (happy brew year too!) and hope to return to this fine community again soon. :mug:

Peace.

Wow- congrats on the new addition. I'm be hoping that everything goes smoothly for you and your family with the adoption and that you are all safe while you travel.

Congratulations- that's great news. :ban:

Thanks!

I am thrilled! Also terrified! :fro:

It has not been that long but I am realizing I have completely forgotten all the routines...

making bottles, frequent diaper changes, mulitple naps...

Not sleeping at night! :cross:

But I cannot wait! :D

zero said:
Most likely.

I am very happy to announce I am going to be a daddy again. We are adopting our 2nd child. A beautiful little girl. She is 7 mos. old. After months of waiting she is ready to travel and I am going to bring her home. On my way to South Korea tomorrow! :ban:

So, most likely I won't be checking in here much if any. Definately won't be brewing much I suspect. I know I had to stop when my son first came home until he was at least 2.

I wish you all a happy new year (happy brew year too!) and hope to return to this fine community again soon. :mug:

Peace.

Congrats! I was adopted when I was 2mo old myself, so I can say from firsthand experience that we need more people like you in the world!:mug:

Definate props to you. I adopted two older children when I was in Hawaii. There are plenty of kids in the world that need a family. Good Luck.

GloHoppa said:
Congrats! I was adopted when I was 2mo old myself, so I can say from firsthand experience that we need more people like you in the world!:mug:

Happy to hear that. I am very fortunate to be in the position to adopt and am eternally grateful for the opportunity. My son is the most amazing kid in the world and I am extremely proud and fortunate to have him in my life.

As to posting pics of my kids, well, I have serious reservations about that. I am a very private individual myself and quite protective of my kids. A little old school I guess (if I can call myself that) when it comes to online stuff.

If I ever meet any of you in person, I would be happy to share though! No offense to all of you folks, but this board is open to ALL the internet. :fro:

ok, never mind. I'm still here.

:D

Transition is going much smoother than anticipated. (knocks on wood)

I based my initial speculation on our first child, my son. Man he broke us in well as parents! NO sleep for the first few months it seemed! He is getting used to the idea of having a sister. Not thrilled, but he is a great kid and is doing amazingly well for such a little guy.Our daughter is much more mellow and adjusting smoothly. She is a happy beautiful little girl! I am a very happy da!

I may even be able to brew some beer :mug:

Hey, I got in a quick jet-lagged batch of dongdong ju the third day back! :drunk:

Korea (Seoul) was AMAZING! I cannot wait to go back. I love it there. So much good food, wonderful people, and history.

Admittedly, I even logged on once or twice from Seoul... :rolleyes:

So, hehe, guess you're not rid of me. (he stated sheepishly)

Glibbidy said:
Cool, well then in that case see you on the 26th of January.;)

Um, things aren't that smooth yet. ;)

Wish I could. I think the only reason things are going so well (and I am still posting) are that we are both home for a while. My wife took some leave (well, and it is semester break right now) so we can adjust, take turns sleeping...

Back