Really been that long???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
I just got an invitation to my 20 year class reunion. I didn't go to the 5th or the 10th but now we are at the 20 year mark and for some reason I think I want to go. I looked at the list of people that are confirmed they are going and I don't remember any of them. I kinda want to go to see if anyone remembers me but on the other hand I haven't talked to them in 20 years should I really care if they remember me?

I went to my 20th last year. Can't say I recognized more than a handful of people. Kinda of embarrasing actually, especially when they knew me....

The lyrics from a song come to mind... " Should I stay or should I go?"

Kinda want to go but kinda don't.... Maybe it's the skeeter pee talking?

It would be just about impossible for me not to remember everyone. It was a class of 13 :(

I had my 20th a few months ago and didn't go (and didn't go to any previous ones either). I really don't want to hear the stories from those I don't see any more about how successful they are now. The people I want to see, I do. Really don't care too much about the others.

The lyrics from a song come to mind... " Should I stay or should I go?"

Kinda want to go but kinda don't.... Maybe it's the skeeter pee talking?

"Don't want no class reunion, the circus just left town... Why behave in public when you're living on a playground?"

i would have gone for my 20th, but the wagon had a broken wheel, and the horse had the flu :D .. really, it was 1600 miles, and i wasn't about to

my 10 yr reunion was last year. didn't go. had no intentions of going to the 5 yr or 10 yr, and i still have no intentions of going in the future, either. most of them were nothing but jerks (i was freinds with alot of the class ahead of me, though). i haven't seen any of them in the past 8 yrs, so my thoughts are "why bother now?". :mug:

Heard about my 5th after it happened when people "missed" me there. I was deployed for my 10th. Went to my 15th but only about 30 out of 164 showed up for it. Went to a school that was half military brats and half farm kids so I expected most of the military wouldn't make it and we've lost more than our share to accidents, but even accounting for that, it was a pretty dismal showing. Assuming I hear about the 20th I'll make it back if I can.

Terje

My 10 year was fun, but Facebook took all the wind out of the 20 year reunion. Most of us had already gotten in touch. There were maybe 5 people I hadn't already caught up with there.

My 10 year was last year. Saw who was going and didn't know any of them. I hang out with all my buddies from highschool that I want to (and I am married so no use in trying to rekindle old flames). Out of all my friends; 1 of my buddies went and said it was all the nerds (that are now rich) and the fugly girls (that lost weight) and wanted to rub everyone's face in it. He said it was a waste.

My wife just had her ten year LAST NIGHT. She still keeps in touch with all of her girl friends so they basically had an excuse to get together. She said she was happy she went - but didn't have fun. She agrees with ChshreCat that facebook makes reunions obsolete because they all kept in touch with the people that they wanted to.

Back