My wife may regret this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckredbeard

Reaction score
So my wife is in "stick to a budget because I want to quit my job" mode. After letting me talk her into brewing this weekend, she did the math and figured it was about $.50 per beer. Budget friendly. Then she realized it would be 2.5 cases of all the same flavor. That might get boring, she said. I suggested I brew a few times to get some variety. She asked, and I quote...."can you brew every Saturday until you have a good variety stashed away?"

Using a 10 gal cooler and converted keg, I'm already dreaming of double brew days and 10 gal batches. I better get mashed in before I wake from this dream!

From a legal standpoint, she never defined what "good variety" really means.

The parameters of the deal were not worked out well... in your favor, obviously.

My wife bought me my first setup four years ago, after I had mentioned that I'd like to try to make some beer. I don't think either one of us knew the level to which this hobby would take over our household.

She has to take full responsibility for all brewing craziness that ensues!

Wife got me a Mr. Beer kit 2 years ago, now I have 3 5 gallon carboys and 10 1 gallon jugs, and 70 bottles of mead, cider, and wine aging in my man cave.

Latest posts

Back