Just something I've noticed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
This is completely irrelevant to...well, everything, but I've noticed that there are TONS of threads on HBT that start with "So..."

What's up with that? :confused:

I noticed that all of the young Engineers (especially fom Kansas and Missouri) we hired starting about 7 years ago would start every conversation with Soooo. It's very easy to get into the habit of saying it. That's the reason I start my posts with O.K. - Dwain

So, this thread was done about a year ago. :)

I put it down to people thinking before they post. They wonder about a particular thing, and then finally post their thoughts as if they are continuing the conversation in their head. Of course, we are not privy to those thouights, so we join in the middle of the poster's conversation with him/herself.

Usually, when I start a thread with the word "So" I was previously thinking about rabbit sex. Even on the beer threads. :(

(un)Interestingly enough, I usually end my sentences with so. I think it's because I'm too lazy to finish properly and end up relying on the other person to fill in the blanks. What makes it worse is that 'so' is pretty much the same in Norwegian (så), so I still end up finishing with so. It's a tough habit to break.

Back