I am number four / Priest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
First off, HAVE 4-5 beers before watching either of these....

Otherwise, 4 is a great, not too stylized, not too serious, FUNNY movie.

Great one liners, and *SPOILER* if you don't love that dog, there is something wrong with you. (The dog pushed it over the edge for me)

"Red Bull is for pussies"

"I play a lot of X-box"

Worth seeing.

Priest, a slightly too stylized re-imagined vampire flick with LOTS of minimalistic imagination, was JUST what the Dr ordered.

After an innovative and compelling start, and a different enough take on vampires(I almost wish they were called something else, you'll see) there were enough interesting turns, and a healthy dose of BAD-ASS that pushed this flick into the "keeper" realm, despite trying just a tad too hard to be "jet li" action, ie; you don't pull yourself up from the side of a train, you swing up maybe doing a flip or 2.

Lol, I missed the credits.Maybe that was good? Like I said, after 4 or so beers, it was EXCELLENT.

Very simple, quarterback ********* is insanely jealous of hottie, and anyone that goes near her gets hurt. Only switchup is that our hero is not the nerd that stands up to the qb, he is the semi badass that steps up and defends said nerd.

The humor, THE awesome DOG (....SORRY;)) AND THE PRICELESS one liners sealed the deal on this one.

Lol, I missed the credits.Maybe that was good? Like I said, after 4 or so beers, it was EXCELLENT.

Very simple, quarterback ********* is insanely jealous of hottie, and anyone that goes near her gets hurt. Only switchup is that our hero is not the nerd that stands up to the qb, he is the semi badass that steps up and defends said nerd.

The humor, THE awesome DOG (....SORRY;)) AND THE PRICELESS one liners sealed the deal on this one.

Ahhh. Then we are talking about different films. Nothing football about the "I am Number 4" taht I have.

"Aliens and their Guardians are hiding on Earth from intergalactic bounty hunters. They can only be killed in numerical order, and Number Four is next..."

Priest had some really cool action scenes. They don't make many movies these days that truly cross into the Bad-ass category...not like they did with Arnold and Sly.

I am Number 4 kind of felt like a TV pilot to me - like it was set up for more adventures.

Neat idea though.

Priest looked cool but left me feeling empty. I too felt that if the vampires were called something else it might have been easier to take.

Ahhh. Then we are talking about different films. Nothing football about the "I am Number 4" taht I have.

"Aliens and their Guardians are hiding on Earth from intergalactic bounty hunters. They can only be killed in numerical order, and Number Four is next..."

Nope that is it. No football, just the qb ass hat.

Priest had some really cool action scenes. They don't make many movies these days that truly cross into the Bad-ass category...not like they did with Arnold and Sly.

The apocalyptic survival bad ass appeals to me like no ahnold ever did.....except maybe predator.

I am Number 4 kind of felt like a TV pilot to me - like it was set up for more adventures.

Neat idea though.

Priest looked cool but left me feeling empty. I too felt that if the vampires were called something else it might have been easier to take.

:mug: after seeing #6 proclaim that redbull is for pussies, I would definitely check out a sequel.

About Priest, why TF didn't the queen just make 4 or 5 more bad ass "vampire" vampires?
Or 50. It made little sense.

The apocalyptic survival bad ass appeals to me like no ahnold ever did.....except maybe predator.

I just bought Predator a few weeks ago just to cure this very craving. And I was thinking of it when I wrote.

Have you seen Doomsday? It's a pretty solid one that should entertain you. And as much as I like post apocalyptic movies, I like medieval badassery just as much...anyone else who likes them too needs to see Centurion. It blew me away for being a movie I'd never heard about.

I just bought Predator a few weeks ago just to cure this very craving. And I was thinking of it when I wrote.

Have you seen Doomsday? It's a pretty solid one that should entertain you. And as much as I like post apocalyptic movies, I like medieval badassery just as much...anyone else who likes them too needs to see Centurion. It blew me away for being a movie I'd never heard about.

Haven't seen either. THANKS!! I like a wide range of movies, but they have to be artistic..... What does that mean? Original is a must. Other than that, Bad ass, funny, touching, enlightening, shocking. Just about any 1 or combo.

What doesn't fit into ANY of my broad categories of worth watching?

Howard's End
Fantastic four, (Rise of the Silver butt surfer)
Chipwrecked

and maybe a few thousand others.

I liked Priest, haven't seen the other one. :mug:

:mug:

If it has Paul Bettany in it, I'll watch. Seriously underrated actor. Downloading Priest now.

I am not a number, I'm a free man!

Oh wait...not doing the Iron Maiden song? Fine.

Can't you read between the lines?

Of course this thread is about Iron Maiden.

96.3% of the threads on HBT are about Ironmaiden.

It is so prevalent that we don't even say "iron maiden" in the title or op, it is just understood.

Latest posts

Back