The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Messi, but overshadowed by tragedy for the Nigerians. 21 dead during the game. Sadly, the Cannibal will probably get more coverage.

Well done Messi, but overshadowed by tragedy for the Nigerians. 21 dead during the game. Sadly, the Cannibal will probably get more coverage.

Was it soccer related?

Edit: never mind I found it. Horrible...

Wasn't there a different incident in Nigeria during their first match; an explosion at a viewing party or something?

Wow. Tragic for the NIgerians. The World Cup brings together peoples of many many ethnicities, religions, morals, etc., to celebrate the beautiful game instead of point out what divides us. Seeing acts of hate and violence against "The Other" juxtaposed with a coming-together of ideologies is surreal and incredibly sad.

Wildcard

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403750885.205703.jpg

FIFA act swiftly and justly..............My head does not know how to process this information. :cross:

Oh yes, this means Suarez will not be playing against Southampton on the opening day of the EPL, so I are happy with that too. ;)

JUSTICE!

... though I think it should have been harsher seeing as this is a pattern. I'd go the maximum penalty of two-year ban from anything soccer related.

JUSTICE!

... though I think it should have been harsher seeing as this is a pattern. I'd go the maximum penalty of two-year ban from anything soccer related.

Bit harsh I think. For one thing, the bite was at least understandable, as all Italians taste like pepperoni.
Also, That would cost Liverpool about $150,000,000.......Not that I care about Liverpool though. ;)

JUSTICE!

Should have been 12 months. Let him sit a whole domestic season and see if that gets it through his demented head that you can't bite people no matter how much they are annoying you.

I think its a fair punishment.
I bet Liverpool fans are rejoicing. No way anyone is going to pay his release clause now.

Now we just wait and see what LFC has to say about it.

We need to up the possession here. If we keep on keeping on then zee germans are going to rock us.

LMAO at that snippet: German player's mom was first woman to do a TV commentary in Germany........Player must have been both proud and embarrassed!

Very well done USA! Especially in defence, but a couple of good attacking breaks too. Doing themselves proud IMO

Just keep it up in the second half please. :)

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/

[\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/\o/ \o/

Do the referees have to be fluent in all languages so they can understand the bull**** complaints from every player?

I do wish American commentators would stop calling this the group of death. It's not. It's just a tricky group. If not for Ronaldo, it wouldn't even be that.

Edit: slomo boobies!!!! YAY!!!

Latest posts

Back