Going vegetarian for 30 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian". I'm still a hug fan of his meat biased "How to Cook Everything" too. The Vegetarian version could help you change your focus of veggies as side dishes to veggies, beans and grains as meals.

Ok, too lazy to read the full 5 pages of posts.... I was a veg for 7 years (big shock) but I would never do it again, its too hard to be healthy, then again since you hate most vegetables its just the other extreem.

why would you not eat tofu? It has no flavor! you can make up some great tofu chilies stir fries. Etc! tofu tastes like what you mix it with.

Ok, too lazy to read the full 5 pages of posts.... I was a veg for 7 years (big shock) but I would never do it again, its too hard to be healthy, then again since you hate most vegetables its just the other extreem.

why would you not eat tofu? It has no flavor! you can make up some great tofu chilies stir fries. Etc! tofu tastes like what you mix it with.

You eat plenty of tomatoes durring that time?

I'm too lazy to read all of the responses but this sounds like a terrible idea to me. Just eat more fish, chicken and turkey. Every vegetarian I know seems to be a real ******. Either that or a no good hippie.

I have an uncle who is a PETA employee. His daughter is a stinky hippe who show pigmys how to put on rubbers by using a stick. So she will find rubbers on sticks outside of their huts in the morning.

Anyway, the two of them really turned me off to a vegtable only diet.

Lately as I ease into my 2nd year of 30s it is becoming appearant that my metabolism is slowing and I do not eat nearly as much as I did before.

I have been toying with the idea of trying out the whole vegitarian thing.
The problem is not that I hate veggies....I love them. All of them. It is the fact that I LOVE red meat. son of a b!tch do I love it.

Is there any benifit to the diet if you eat a tender, delicious, succulent filet once a week? maybe a small one like an 8 oz?

I do not eat fast food very often....one a month

I order veggies first them maybe rice if i do have the steak.

My wife makes a mean bean dip with cannalini beans.
I think I have the means to do it, can i stay away from the delicious beef?

Filet is actually the only red meat that has ever been certifed by the american heart association. Or maybe it is in the process of it.

I'm too lazy to read all of the responses but this sounds like a terrible idea to me. Just eat more fish, chicken and turkey. Every vegetarian I know seems to be a real ******. Either that or a no good hippie.

this is the way to go! dont stop eating meat, just start eating better!

Latest posts

Back