Drinking problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
My husband thinks I have a drinking problem because I am always planning a new project and trying to drink up the products from my projects. Do you get this from your spouse? If he drinks a 6 pack every night, it's ok but if I drink a half a bottle of wine or a 6 pack, I'm a lush whats up with that? Never mind, my glass is emptly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If your drinking a 6-pack a night, just throw in a little Edmund Fitzgerald and I am sure the complaining will stop :D

It's wrong, he cusses about your drinking habits but doesn't take his own in consideration, time for a serious talk.

I would be personally very happy if my wife would brew her own beer and such, we could share the hobby and the final product too, but she only enjoys wine, i enjoy both.

I believe this is in the wrong forum. It should be in the Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling section since you're three sheets to the wind.

It does sound a bit like hypocrisy if he drinks as much as you do, yet sees YOU as the one with the problem. Does he drink the beer that you make? Maybe he should make his own damn beer and see how much work (read; fun) it is!

Now this man has a drinking problem;

airplane1213112.jpg

A drunk wife is a better wife! .. uh hm I mean loving wife, swmbo, wutever.:ban: Yeah he shouldnt be complaining. I wish my wife would drink more, although for her there's definately a point where she goes from be fun to be with to downright scary.

I believe this is in the wrong forum. It should be in the Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling section since you're three sheets to the wind.

This morning, it appears that you are correct.

I feel better today. ;)

I also like the idea that he needs to brew his own beer.

I've cut down on my drinking (cut down quite a bit actually), but if I have a single beer then my dad get's all huffy and then goes on tirades complaining about my "drinking problem"...it's extremely frustrating.

Tell him if he was a little better looking then you wouldn't have to drink so much.

Or you could try the ole "I'm drunk but you're ugly..." routine.

:D No wonder I'm not married.

You don't have a drinking problem unless your actions become annoying, angry, or just plain stupid.

Nothing wrong with a drunk person as long as they can be cool and just chill.

A lot of people become very annoying or just plain stupid when they drink, that's when you have a drinking problem. Are you annoying, over bearing, needy, talkative when you drink? Because if you are, the alchahol is changing your behavior and that's probably why your husband doesn't like it.

Lots of women can't just chill and be cool when they drink, men too of course but if you can just be cool and chill then people don't tend to mind if you drink.

Not with my wife. She complained and said drinking changed me. According to her I changed after drinking and was mean, unprdictable, rude. Did an experiment a few times and proved to her it was her perceptions. On 3 occasions, I only consumed a maximum of 1.5 pints in a three hour period. She complained each time because she perceived I had consumed much more.

Come to find out, she was threatend by her ex at gun point while he was skunk drunk. So.... I keep consumption very obvious. Make sure she see's exactly how much I have and that I am NOTHING like her ex.

She enjoys the beers and wines. Just doesn't like the out of control thing. So, I keep the buzz mellow and stay calm and life is good.

Wow, appreciate all the replys but no such drama here. The deal turns out to be I drank the last two wit's & left him with ale to share with his car buddy. He builds classic cars and had a friend over last night to help him. He had been bragging on the wit all day and wanted to start with that, I drank them (I got off two hours earlier than him) before he came home while I was cooking supper. So we have it worked out, tell me when you are saving something for company, tell me when companies comming, or at least help brew the beer. :)

Ah! It's not that you drink too much beer. It's that you drink too much GOOD beer. You're a terrible person and a horrible wife. Lets move to Utah.

Back