does drinking malt beers cause migraines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everydaybeerdrinker

Reaction score
ive been drinking old english for almost 7 years. Recently ive been getting bad headaches....i consider them to be migraines cuz its always in da same spot. it started last month every other week. Now, this past week ive had 1 on wednesday, 2 on thursday, and from saturday all the way up to wednesday. i went to see a doctor on monday, eye doctor on tuesday, and today(thursday) i get a cat scan. ive had about 3 migraines in my past 30 years of life and am worried about it..... Is dis specific beer all of a sudden causing these migraines?

There are tension, migraines, cluster, sinus, acute, and chronic progressive headaches. They can all be severe.

I get migraines, but I almost never have headache pain with mine. I get aura (flashing/shimmering lights) and very sensitive to light and noise.

I don't know that there are any of the typical suspects (tannins, sulfites, food dyes, MSG, etc.) in malt liquor for causing migraines.

Using the process of food elimination is good for narrowing down problem foods. That's how I figured out my lactose intolerance. Don't have any OE for a week. If the headaches go away, then that's definitely a trigger for you.

It's best to keep working with your doctor.

Back