Does anyone know about fining agents

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmaker101

Reaction score
Im currently finishing up a gallon batch of orange and honey mead. Im using a fining agent kieselsol. It comes in a sealed clear package with a another agent which is called christon (I think that's what is called or something close to that). Well when took out the kieselsol from package and poured it into a small make it easier to pour into the mead. I was trying to only add about 1/8 of the agent but it poured out to quickly and half it went into the mead. :-( so after that mishap I just used the correct amount of the christon agent which I was a lot more careful of how much was going into it. Now after 24hr it's all cleared up and looks good but it has an odd taste to it. But when the mead hits your taste buds it tastes great but it leaves odd after taste. Which I assume it's from putting too much of the kieselsol into the mead.

I'm hoping maybe someone may know how to fix this issue of the odd after taste. I just hope the batch isn't ruin.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

The one I used is called super kleer kc and I also posted what the mead looks like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

1395156755765.jpg

1395156778181.jpg

Back