Ever used spindasol as fining agent?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali01

Reaction score
Other than gelatin, It's the only fining agent I could find and I indend to use it since this stuff work a lot faster than gelatin
I have a few questions about it since the supplier seems not to know much about it
1. The supplier says it can be used after the boil, and a few hours before bottling, should I really worry about clarification if it's a porter? I've heard porters need to have some body,I just fear the beer might completely lose it's body

2. Does it affect carbonation? It is used to fine beer and help with sedimentation, then it should affect natural carbonation significantly, right?

Other than gelatin, It's the only fining agent I could find and I indend to use it since this stuff work a lot faster than gelatin
I have a few questions about it since the supplier seems not to know much about it
1. The supplier says it can be used after the boil, and a few hours before bottling, should I really worry about clarification if it's a porter? I've heard porters need to have some body,I just fear the beer might completely lose it's body

2. Does it affect carbonation? It is used to fine beer and help with sedimentation, then it should affect natural carbonation significantly, right?

No need imo on a porter. I don't use clearing agents in beer anyways. Use whirfloc , leave in your fv for 3 to 4 weeks . Then bottle. Time will help limit sediment in your bottles.

Last edited:
Back