Chicago is too cold right now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
I swear, if it wasn't such a great city, I'd be looking to move South right about now.

screen-capture.jpg

Don't get me started on wind chill! Here's what Google says about that: Lowest wind chill readings 15 below to 25 below zero in the morning.

Damn...wish I didn't have to take the L to work this morning.

cmon ace don't be such a wuss, spring is right around the corner (yeah right). :cross: I know the pain bro - I gotta plow this s##t

This is the first winter I haven't worked outside, usually on a high rise, in this weather!

Ten below here this morning. My car protested, but started.

Oh, and Chicago? Great city???? There is an oxymoron if I ever heard one! ;)

It's lots warmer down south in Chicago than it is here right now!

I don't know the exact temperature (hate to look) but I'm certain that it's under -15 on our thermometer. The dog didn't even want to go out this morning and looked at Bob like "Are you kidding me?"

Dude, man the hell up! In case you haven't heard, there is plenty of America below you. Lots of warm, sunny America, right there waiting.

I am not a fan of the cold, but jeez, it's only about 0 now. You can't complain until it hits around -20 and the battery in your car dies.

It's lots warmer down south in Chicago than it is here right now!

I don't know the exact temperature (hate to look) but I'm certain that it's under -15 on our thermometer. The dog didn't even want to go out this morning and looked at Bob like "Are you kidding me?"

yup, its hard on the pets right now. I snowblow an area so my boy Sam can go out and do his thing. even still its well below zero and he's not a happy camper

Bernie Brewer said:
Ten below here this morning. My car protested, but started.

Oh, and Chicago? Great city???? There is an oxymoron if I ever heard one! ;)

Them's fighting words. ;)

Yeah but there's nothing like having a heart condition and despite it be -3 outside you're sweating like a pig before you are half way from the parking structure to your office building (which is about the3/4s length of a football field apart maybe less) I'm in my building's elevator with some of my faculty and they're still shivering and I've got sweat dripping off my nose. Grrrr.

not sure how you live in that kinda weather. I'm bitching and its 31 here. I'm so glad i don't live there. Hell my nuts are hiding in my stomach. I don't even want to think about being in 0 weather.

LOL! We got a guy across the road from our company who had to move up from Texas to run the new plant. We were moving some stuff to his building this fall and standing there in long shirts and he's huddled up in 3 layers and a winter coat complaining.

I think he's eagerly waiting for the day when he can move back...

hilarious. minus 6.5 air temp when i woke up. i'd be happy with above-zero temps.

didn't think my car was gonna start....but then it did :(

my breath was freezing on my scarf when i was walking from the parking lot to the office today.

funny story - guy who sits next to me is from california, moved here about a year ago. tonight his boy scout troop is going....camping....

bahahahahhaha!

LOL! We got a guy across the road from our company who had to move up from Texas to run the new plant. We were moving some stuff to his building this fall and standing there in long shirts and he's huddled up in 3 layers and a winter coat complaining.

I think he's eagerly waiting for the day when he can move back...

LOL my BIL is from Sydney and he an my sister now live in CA. They came to WI many years ago in early November and he spent the whole time bitching about the weather- said he would never come back except in July. I asked him if he wanted to go ice fishing with me. "No Effing Way!" LOL swearing sounds funny with an Australian accent.............

I took my bike for a spin along the beach today; shorts, T-shirt, flip flops.

Bought a Pliny on the way home.

(sorry, it's my turn to be a JO today)

I took my bike for a spin along the beach today; shorts, T-shirt, flip flops.

Bought a Pliny on the way home.

(sorry, it's my turn to be a JO today)

You can do that here, too. I wouldn't recommend it, at least not the flip flops, but.........

Back