Brewpastor in Minneapolis/st. Paul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
OK, I am in the twin cities for the week to help my mom out. So, what do I do and what should I try and where should I try it and does anybody have a plan?

Thanks.

Let's see- I'm a fan of Town Hall. Great beer, pretty good food. The Happy Gnome isn't a brewpub, but it's got a phenomenol beer selection. The food there is good. SeeBee John took Bob and me there for dinner a couple of weeks ago, and we were very pleased with the food as well as the great tap beer.

Barley John's is ok. My favorite "find" in Minneapolis was Surly Brewing. I loved all of their beers, which are available in 16 ounce cans or on tap in many places. If you can get to their tap room, they had a ton of stuff available that I don't usually see- a great mild, for one.

One other beer we find in a package store was by Lift Bridge Brewing. It's in the Minneapolis area, and I've never found it available any place else. Their pale ale was called Crosscut Pale Ale. Bob really enjoyed it. It's a very grapefruity citrusy pale ale, with grapefruit peel in it.

Flat Earth is another great microbrewery. If you find one of theirs on tap (they don't bottle), or can get to their brewery for a growler fill, it's worth a try! I liked their Belgian pale ale and various other beers that I can't remember now (it was the last stop on a 4 brewery tour!). :drunk:

Stubbs & Herbs, near the University of Minnesota, has a pretty good tap selection and a LONG happy hour. I think the pints were like $2.50 or something. Food was good- sandwiches. Next to Stubbs & Herbs is a good Vietnamese restaurant.

Make the 20 minute drive to Hudson, WI and pick up a selection of New Glarus brews.

+1 to Surly, tours on Fridays at 6pm, IIRC
Flat Earth is decent, growler sales and tastings at the brewery Tue and Thur at 3:30pm, and Sat @ 12:30
Summit Brewing is located about a mile from Flat Earth and has tours on Tue and Sat, IIRC
Happy Gnome has a great tap beer selection.
Great Waters Brew Pub in downtown St. Paul is worth a stop for a couple pints.
Lift Bridge is really good.
Fulton Brewing makes a great IPA, should be on tap at the Happy Gnome.
Cantebury Downs is hosting a beer festival on Friday evening, Hops and Horses.

Latest posts

Back