Bonnaroo!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeM80s

Reaction score
who's going? who are you most excited to see? im torn between the black keys and the flaming lips, and kinda pissed they are on at the same time on different stages. but other than that, i think this will be almost as fun as when I went last time 5 years ago. only I'll be drinking better beer :mug:

Man I love Bonnaroo! Wish I could go this year. You went 5 years ago? Was that when the Dead played? I was there for that one. It's funny when you go to a festival like this, you go into it really wanting to see a few specific bands, but the most enjoyable shows are the ones you stumble upon. I was excited to see Dylan, Cheese, Dead and Trey. I have to say Dylan kinda sucked but really loved stumbling onto the Doc Watson show.

Man I love Bonnaroo! Wish I could go this year. You went 5 years ago? Was that when the Dead played? I was there for that one. It's funny when you go to a festival like this, you go into it really wanting to see a few specific bands, but the most enjoyable shows are the ones you stumble upon. I was excited to see Dylan, Cheese, Dead and Trey. I have to say Dylan kinda sucked but really loved stumbling onto the Doc Watson show.
i know EXACTLY what you mean. I stumbled into shows from umphrey's mcgee and the disco biscuits. but, no, the first year I went was when DMB was there. I cant remember the headliners( for various reasons :D) but I know I saw DMB, j5, OCMS, modest mouse, jack johnson and de la soul. it was awesome.

Wife and I were at the first 5, but haven't been able to make it back since we moved to the west coast...sniff...sniff....It's a fun time. Enjoy.

Sounds like we were there at the same time FreeM80s. Had a great time but I wasn't able to get back.

sorry to hear man. but from what my friends have told me, its going down hill now. It seems like its more of a cash grab now than a chill festival. I hear allgood and rothbury are supposed to be where its at now. michigan is a little too far for me to travel, but carolina ain't :mug:

I was there in 2005, but havent made it back since. A little big for my tastes now. The late night Karl Denson show was my favorite the whole weekend.

well, got my all my gear, packing up the truck tonight. If anyone here is going, look for the ginger with mutton chops in the brewers tent. thats me. hopefully I'll make it back alive :) :mug:

Back