BMW Gina Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
This thing is so far out there it is amazing. Never thought of a fabric covered car. Probably not practical but bad ass!

[youtube]0pwabDeqVi8&amp[/youtube]

Dunno, I only posted it once but I had to do a series of edits to get the youtube tags to work. Sorry, I think.

A fabric covered car is nothing new...

699.jpg

Billions in research, teams of college educated German scientists and engineers, and the best they got is a Z3 Roadster covered in Silver Spandex?

OK, so the headlights "blinking" on is pretty f-ing sweet. I really, really love these cars. Been sold since I was 16 and had an E30. Some day...

I haven't been a big fan of Bangle-ized design. Or at least I wasn't when the big asses of the 7's came out. But maybe after giving them time, or just being bludgeoned by Bangle's take on the 7, 6, 5, 3, Z and M series cars, I'm growing rather fond of them.

Yea I saw this video about a month ago. My girl is a huge Bimmer lover. I am always out fixing something on her E36. But for all this work, it might be getting upgraded to an M3 E36 here soon, she's got a 325iS model as of now.

I love the headlights on this thing. I think this is where cars should be going, as it has saved soo much weight by using the cloth skin instead of the standard sheet metal or fiberglass.

Anyways +1 from me

Billions in research, teams of college educated German scientists and engineers, and the best they got is a Z3 Roadster covered in Silver Spandex?

+1. It's not all that creative. It's interesting how the thing folds over on itself when the doors open, but I don't think it was more than 6 months to a year ago that I was on a Locost forum discussing the possibility of using dope and fabric rather than aluminum on a Locost's side panels.

The consensus was it'd be perfect for track use, but probably wouldn't hold up well on the street.

We're talking about 100 year old technology here with only a slight change. I said change, not upgrade. It might be an upgrade, but only if the car can hold up to stone chips and small wild animals running across it and can be cleaned with a soft damp cloth. If not, then it's a downgrade from the 100 year old technology know as dope and fabric.

Yeah, it is a concept car after all and it's purpose is simply to push the envelope of current design. Alot of features we take for granted today were once wild concepts. BMW REALLY pushed the envelope with this one, it will be interesting to see what features will move into general production.

Back