Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anybody Own LG appliances?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
fretman124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anybody Own LG appliances?

I Am getting ready to buy all new kitchen appliances. Anybody have any experience with LG products? I have the ability to buy them at wholesale prices and can save a substantial amount, but would rather buy quality than save money and buy problems.

Any help here?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
Rick91981
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I don't know about their kitchen appliences, but I have an LG phone, TV, and surround sound system and have no problems with any of them. That probably isn't all that useful to you though.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
fretman124
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981
I don't know about their kitchen appliences, but I have an LG phone, TV, and surround sound system and have no problems with any of them. That probably isn't all that useful to you though.
That would be great info if I was buying a phone, TV and surround system. But I'm buying kitchen appliances. So....thanks anyway.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #4
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I don't own any LG appliances at all, but I was talking to an appliance repairman one time and he said that LG and some of the other newer brands are really good until they break. When they do break they are expensive to fix because they have so many non standard components.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
Melana
Up to no good....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1497 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 953

A guy that i work with has an LG washer/dryer and swears by it!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
Genghis77

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lg

I have an LG refrigerator. No moving parts to go bad. In the past, I had a LG refrigeration unit. It saved money over electricity. If it cools or heats, LG should be more efficient than electric. Problem is whether you have personnell familiar to install and service. That can be a problem. LG is more associated with RV and automotive maintenance technologies.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 386 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis77
I have an LG refrigerator. No moving parts to go bad. In the past, I had a LG refrigeration unit. It saved money over electricity. If it cools or heats, LG should be more efficient than electric. Problem is whether you have personnell familiar to install and service. That can be a problem. LG is more associated with RV and automotive maintenance technologies.
"LG" is a brand name... Korean company, I believe

We looked at LG when we bought new appliances a few years ago, but they were too new to the market to have any history. Everything that we read seemed to indicate they were fine, quality-wise, but there wasn't a lot of hard data to go on. So, we bought Kenmore and haven't had problems - although I know Kenmore's reputation has been going in the crapper lately.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
fretman124
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
We looked at LG when we bought new appliances a few years ago, but they were too new to the market to have any history. Everything that we read seemed to indicate they were fine, quality-wise, but there wasn't a lot of hard data to go on.
And therein lies the problem. Consumer Reports rates them pretty high, but has no reliability data. Plus they only have a few models (mostly top of the line) rated as well.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably go with all LG for the big three cause I can get a great deal on them.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 386 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Personally, if I were getting them for wholesale prices, I'd probably go ahead and buy them. It's not always the case, but if they seem to be made well and there aren't a ton of problems that have cropped up in the first four years they've been on the market, I would think it's likely that they'll be OK. I *hate* extended warranties, but I might be temped (if it's available to you) to at least buy one on the fridge, since that always seems to be the appliance that dies first.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
ColoradoXJ13
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://www.epinions.com/ ?