Should I raise the Ferm temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonhijack

Reaction score
I have been fermenting a 1.055 beer for about 9 days now and since it has been cool in my garage, the fermentation temp has been about 159-162 during that time. My question is should I bring the fermentor inside to let it come up to 68ish to finish everything off or just leave it as is? I have no methods for fermentation temp control, but I am at least lucky to have a stable temp garage :)

Greg

I find that helps sometimes. Are you still above your desired/predicted FG?

I always will bump it up 3-4 degrees to help it finish. At this late stage of fermentation, you wont get any weird off flavors

9 days in I'd say that you'd be fine to bring it up in temp. Early on you'd be looking at some banana/apple flavors but I usually warm mine up for the last couple of days just to get it down to FG. What type of yeast are you using?

Awesome, thanks folks. I have not tested the FG yet, but I will once I bring it in. I am just worried about it not finishing everything up.

Back