Please give me peace of mind!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscbert

Reaction score
I bought a POS freezer off Craigslist. I spent way too many hours sanding it down, removing rust and painted inside and outside.

I put my first brew, a ESB into the temp controlled freezer yesterday. I ended up with more wort than normal, leaving only 1/2 gallon of head space in my 6 gallon better bottle car boy.

I have a blow off tube, but I'm still worried that since there is only 1/2 gallon of head space I will go home with a huge mess to clean up in my newly refurbished freezer.

The yeast is WLP002, which I have never used.
I have 8 more hours before I get to check on my baby beer.

Good on ya for setting up the blow-off ahead of time! As long as the container you're using to funnel run-off into is large enough, you shouldn't have any issues.

+1

Exactly that. I just did a Milk Stout @5.5 gallons in my 6 gallon BB w/a 1/2" blowoff tube into a gallon pickle jar of sanitizer. Worked like a charm.

Enjoy some peace of mind. :)

Thanks Gents! I do feel better. I have a 1/2 inch blow off tube. No large hop chunks, so nothing should clog up the tube.

Latest posts

Back