Minifridge fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KalvinKlein

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to use a mini fridge as a fermentor? I live in Michigan and don't have AC in my house. I was thinking of using for a keg but then thought why not use one as a fermenting chamber? Can they go as high as the 65-69 degree range? Thanks.

you definatley could use it for a fermentation chamber, there are many threads that talk about modifications to ad more space to use as a kegerator and a fermentation chamber. but for that warm of a temperature(65-69) you would need some kind of temp controller, i am guessing the build in controls won't let it go that high.

I just want to be able to put a carboy in and forget about it. MAYBE lager one down the roars. I would get one I the plug I'm temp controllers because I don't want to hard wire one in. Are there any minifridges out there that can fit a carboy without a lot of modification?

i am sure there are do a little searching on the forums and i imagince there are several suggestions, if you have the room you may want to consider a regular size fridge for the ability to store multiple fermentors.

I just relized my mother in law has a freezer I can use all I have to do is get a temp controller. Now all I have to do is get a mini fridge for kegged beer.

i've got a vissani 52 bottle wine fridge and it fits one carboy with zero mods. picked up a temp controller from amazon so it works pretty well. only gets down to about 40 so it will probably take longer to cold crash.

Back