Internal Conical cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsumm

Reaction score
Can you install an internal heat exchanger in a conical fermenter? Could the copper coils effect the beer? Will a stainless internal coil be better? I have the resources to do both I just really enjoy fermenting at lower temps and in the South it can be difficult this and I have a conical 5 gallon fermenter but I only use it for ambient or higher temp beers. This would be for 10 gallon batches.
I would use just water as the fluid thru the coil because I am in direct contact with the beer and better temperature control.
Thanks for any advise.

My dip tube is copper, not sure how it will affect the beer but I'll tell you in a few weeks!

Can you install an internal heat exchanger in a conical fermenter? Could the copper coils effect the beer? Will a stainless internal coil be better? I have the resources to do both I just really enjoy fermenting at lower temps and in the South it can be difficult this and I have a conical 5 gallon fermenter but I only use it for ambient or higher temp beers. This would be for 10 gallon batches.
I would use just water as the fluid thru the coil because I am in direct contact with the beer and better temperature control.
Thanks for any advise.

Always stainless, never copper on the cold side.

Back