Finally joined the club...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISLAGI

1 beer short of a sixer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened....

First off, I brewed a Kolsch on Friday and emptied my gas tank with 8 minutes left on the boil. No big deal because it was a 90 minute boil, so I'm not worried.

Then I realized that I forgot to drop my IC in during the boil, so I ended up letting it set overnight covered to cool down. Again, no big deal.

Next morning I pitched my starter, sealed the bucket, and headed out for the weekend. Came back last night, went downstairs this morning, and found the lid blown off and a bunch of kolsch-y goodness on the sides of the bucket and the floor. Looked like there was probably a good inch or more of kraeusen on top of the beer, so again I am not worrying. .

It will probably end up being the best batch of beer I ever made! :D

Enjoy!

I've started putting my IC in after flame out. It leaves more room in the pot while boiling, and you don't interrupt the boil. Also helps with cooling down the wort.

Provided the bulk temperature doesn't drop below 160 F, it will sanitize it. You only need 5 seconds at 160, or 20 minutes at 145 F.

Back