• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that work well? I'm thinking of trying some AG batches but don't want to invest too heavily.

It's no barley crusher, but its served my 75-80% efficiency in about 15 batches. I JB welded my auger plate and changed the cotter pin(I think that's what it's called). I also added a 1/2" hex screw so I can drive it with a drill instead of by hand. You do have to keep a close eye on the crush throughout(and adjust every few pounds) with the drill. I never had a problem holding the setting with the handle though(I would assume a new nut on the adjustment screw would fix the problem all together).
The hopper holds about a pound, I just never bothered to buy one of those big 5 gallon jugs to cut and use as a hopper.
It has its flaws, but if you wanted to jump in cheap its the way to go(1/10th the price)
I'm getting rid of it because I'm to the point where I get fed up adjusting it and am willing to pay to have consistency.
check out this too:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/

I have an adjustable malt mill for sale. $75, not sure what the shipping costs would be...I live in PA. All it needs is to be mounted to a piece of wood to sit on your bucket. I have a piece of wood that would work, it's just not mounted yet. If you're interested at all I can grab some photos for you. It comes with the handle to manually crank it but you would be better off using a power drill.

Should also point out I'd be up for trading for a 50 foot wort chiller straight up, or 3 five gallon ball lock kegs, I'll add a few bucks to the deal.

Back