• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santo

Reaction score
Long story short, I'm back in the hobby and need a grain mill. Thanks

Cheers!

Just back in myself. Retired, work pt at our lhbs, and use their mill (Monster 2 roller) but will probably be getting one again - motorized Kegco 3-roller. What type are you looking for?

Last edited:
Just back in myself. Retired, work pt at our lhbs, and use their mill (Monster 2 roller) but will probably be getting one again - motorized Kegco 3-roller. What type are you looking for?
I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a 2 roller mill.

I think we may need the long story.
I made a lot of beer and started 2 breweries in Mexico, with some partners. I opened a couple of tasting rooms and closed them after Covid. Decided to get back to brewing and purchased a bunch of grain. As for my old equipment, everything was either sold or reused and left at the breweries.

Are you handy? I have a 2 roller mill that worked great for me, but recently had to get a new one because I broke off one of the locking eyelet bolts into the body of the mill. If you can somehow get it out and replace the eyelet bolt it's perfect otherwise. I just didn't have an extraction bit, and needed to act quick.

If so, just shoot me a PM. Cover shipping and it's yours.

Attachments

• 2 (1).jpeg
    2 (1).jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 (2).jpeg
    1 (2).jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 0
Honestly, a roller mill is a roller mill, except for warranty, size, and roller steel types. Some have hardened steel that last thousands of pounds of grain but rust, some are stainless which is softer and will wear down but not rust, some are regular steel and in the middle.

I have a spare barley crusher that works pretty well, but sometimes it was losing grip on the grain. it it has a lifetime warranty so it can be sharpened or whatever it needs for free. $70 if you want it.
Not really for free - I sent my Barley Crusher in to have the rollers worked on and I paid to ship it there and return shipping back. That could have been better money spent on a new mill head.

Same issue as your, wasn't pulling the grain through very well. Actually, after I got it back it wasn't much better but I did get many years of use out of it before the issues.

Not really for free - I sent my Barley Crusher in to have the rollers worked on and I paid to ship it there and return shipping back. That could have been better money spent on a new mill head.

Same issue as your, wasn't pulling the grain through very well. Actually, after I got it back it wasn't much better but I did get many years of use out of it before the issues.
I think I set the gap too tight as well.

Are you handy? I have a 2 roller mill that worked great for me, but recently had to get a new one because I broke off one of the locking eyelet bolts into the body of the mill. If you can somehow get it out and replace the eyelet bolt it's perfect otherwise. I just didn't have an extraction bit, and needed to act quick.

If so, just shoot me a PM. Cover shipping and it's yours.
I have sent a message.

Latest posts

Back