• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Better bottles $17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you tape the boxes together for people that are getting more than one, the shipping will be cheaper than sending them individually I think.

If you tape the boxes together for people that are getting more than one, the shipping will be cheaper than sending them individually I think.

This is how MoreBeer ships them; might save a bit on the shipping.

I didn't put my zip (43081) in the original post. After seeing the average shipping prices, I'm still in for 2 when you get PayPal set up.

Thanks.

Let me know if you have anymore available please, I would buy some 54843. Thank you!

Tony

OK, guys.........bottles are here!

The deal has been sweetened.....I think. I got a total of 28 bottles. 14 are regular bottles, 14 are ported!

I am willing to sell the ported ones at the same price as the regular, since they cost me the same, and I want to be fair.

It gets even better: I was able to get a quantity of the racking outlet device, and the simple flo valve. Look at Northern Brewer items 7898,7899. At their prices, NB charges $42 for both these items. I'm willing to include both for $22, plus, since they weigh next to nothing and they will fit inside the box with the bottle, I won't need to add any shipping charges for the racking items.

My PayPal account is set up at my email jkarr38ATverizon.net.

If you place an order, please (since I really don't want to screw up anyone's order) be very specific in itemizing what you'd like to receive.

Example: Please ship me one regular bottle to zip code xxxxx.

Or: Please ship me three ported bottles, include three racking kits, to zip code xxxxx.

I'm going to be shipping these out in a couple of days, since I'm still dealing with the aftermath of snow overload: a broken 3-point arm on my tractor snowblade, helping a neighbor get his tractor running, and gee, also going to work too!

Thanks guys! I hope everyone enjoys these!

I would like to buy one of the ported better bottles with both racking adapters if you still have one available. I'd love to buy a second one, but I want to give other members a chance too.
Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this.

Jim's PM queue is full by the way. Maybe the folks who get a better bottle at a great price might like to throw a buck or two into bumping him up to a one-year membership?

It seems to me that if you want something you should go ahead and pay for it using the paypal account number the OP provided. It's nice that you want to leave some for the rest, but I say the first the pay are likely to be the only ones who get the deal. I checked my LHBS's website and it saves me over $11, and my LHBS sells these for fairly cheap.

It seems to me that if you want something you should go ahead and pay for it using the paypal account number the OP provided. It's nice that you want to leave some for the rest, but I say the first the pay are likely to be the only ones who get the deal. I checked my LHBS's website and it saves me over $11, and my LHBS sells these for fairly cheap.

That would seem to be a reasonable course of action. But there are variable shipping rates to be added to the invoice, and his paypal account is not set-up for that. So....

It's not the huge a deal if I get one. I'm not wiling to send money without know he has something to send in return and avoid the mess of having to return money.

I would settle for just one if you still have any, it was a bit confusing as to who is getting priority. Shipping would be to 45701

The first three customers, claphamsa, todd from zeeland, and michael from new mexico purchased a total of 13 plain bottles. That leaves one regular bottle left.

I'm a bit confused about the posts by 1234 and kaiser 423, since their transactions didn't show on my PayPal account.

All 14 of the ported bottles remain unclaimed, and one of the regular bottles (not accounting for the two aforementioned posts).

I put in the addess as you typed it, except I changed out the A with the @ sign. You should have gotten my money first since I was the first to respond. Please check you account again, or if I have imputed your address wrong let me know so that I can get my money back.

I was one of the first to respond in this thread I would be very dissappointed to hear that I got cut out of it.

The first three customers, claphamsa, todd from zeeland, and michael from new mexico purchased a total of 13 plain bottles. That leaves one regular bottle left.

I'm a bit confused about the posts by 1234 and kaiser 423, since their transactions didn't show on my PayPal account.

All 14 of the ported bottles remain unclaimed, and one of the regular bottles (not accounting for the two aforementioned posts).

Michael from New Mexico is kaiser423....sorry for not including my screenname there :eek:

Man, this is more trouble than it's worth. Can't accept PM, no response on shipping rates, wrong email/Paypal account. I'm out. I'll pay the extra 5 bucks and pick-up my bottle...from a real vendor.

The "wrong" e-mail account happened to be someone's typing error. I've successfully received payment from four different purchasers. Let's not get our panties in a bunch, when we don't know what we're talking about.

As I attempted to explain in an earlier post, my other duties have been accelerated due to actually having to go to work, having to fix my and another guy's tractor (so we can plow ourselves out of over two feet of snow), and making sure my kids get to school and SWMBO makes it to work also.

I'm sorry if I'm such an underachiever.

Nothing personal, just an unfortunate set of circumstances. Thanks for sharing a good deal on here though.

I am the one who made the mistake, just a simple typing mistake. I lose out on the deal, no reason someone else should. I wanted 2, but he only has 1 standard one left.

Unfortunate. I thought there would be some priority for those of us that expressed our interest when the OP was judging interest in making the purchase of the lot.

I does seem to me that the OP really didn't take into account the first ones to originally to post to this classified ad. That is the only thing that bugs me about what happened.

I'm truly sorry if I have done anything to disappoint anyone, but the first responders to send an order via PayPal were the first in line.

I still have the one plain bottle available, and nine of the ported bottles left, as of 8:52 EST this morning.

I still think that those of us who posted first got screwed in this deal. I don't work until the afternoon, but I am willing to bet that some of the first posters to this classified ad work the morning shift and never had an opportunity to see that you had set-up your paypal account. I PM'd you on Saturday and never got a response back from you.

As unhappy as I am with how this went down I didn't want to pass-up savings so I did pay for the last standard Better Bottle.

It's not this guys fault what shift you work. Sometime in life deals work out for you, sometimes they don't.
I personally never save stuff for people when selling online. First pay first get. I'm not going to save something for someone with the possibility of them backing out and me losing the sale to someone else willing to pay.
That's all I'm going to say. Some people feel entitled to stuff and don't realize nobody owes anyone anything on the internet.
Sometimes situations work in your favor, sometimes they don't.

I'm interested in 1 ported + racking adapter. Please PM my your paypal info if there are any left.

All of the regular non-ported bottles are gone. Thanks to all who participated....... I still have a good number of the ported bottles (same price) and the racking device kits are still in good supply.

It's not this guys fault what shift you work. Sometime in life deals work out for you, sometimes they don't.
I personally never save stuff for people when selling online. First pay first get. I'm not going to save something for someone with the possibility of them backing out and me losing the sale to someone else willing to pay.
That's all I'm going to say. Some people feel entitled to stuff and don't realize nobody owes anyone anything on the internet.
Sometimes situations work in your favor, sometimes they don't.

You're skipping an important piece here. It's not like he already owned the bottles and was looking to sell them, in which case I would agree with you... first come first served.

The fact is, he had an opportunity to buy the lot and sell them to others for a profit (which is fine) and came here to line buyers up before he purchased the lot. In my opinion, those people that spoke up when he inquired were the "first come" and should have been the "first served."

But then again, you're right. None of us are entitled to anything. We're all just a bunch of nameless, faceless people on the "internets". None of us will ever meet or interact with each other in "real life" so there's no need for common courtesy right?

Just because people "show interest" doesn't mean they'll follow through. I would sell to the first people that sent money. I do show courtesy to people on this forum and have met a few in person as well.

Latest posts

Back