What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bench Scientist with a PhD in Molecular Virology and Microbiology here, I like being able to autoclave my bottles and carboys in the lab :rockin:

I do not know what to pick lol, I got my degree in genetic engineering but technically I am a microbiologist.

Also, i would put my vote in for a good portion of homebrewers being biologists. Also, I wonder if this is in correlation with the study that says high education based jobs (engineering, biology, etc) have a higher incidence of alcoholism.

Microbiologist working in the food industry...it can be an advantage and disadvantage - lots of people willing to sample the homebrews, but some very educated taste buds. I'm not sure half the time what the hell flavor they are talking about! Who knew there were that many words to describe how something tastes!

soon to be 'former locomotive engineer'. can't wait to get away from this F&@#ING railroad and actually have a life again. 1982 degree in agronomy from ohio state.

My mother and father are civil engineers, my brother is an electrical engineer. I started studying industrial engineering and got bored; and am the black sheep of the family getting my bachelors in philosophy. Non the less my brother and father are a big source for all of my brewing tech. :mug:

Not an Engineer but I do hold a Masters in Applied Mathematics and Physics. Currently working as a Statistician.

Code jockey aka software developer. BS in Computer Science from MTU, MS in Computer Science from Wayne State.

Seems like a lot of my fellow computer nerds enjoy brewing as well. I guess we gotta do something outside the nerdery, might as well brew beer!

Virologist here.

Graduate of SUNY@Buffalo Biotechnology and Medicinal Chemistry.

US Army Medic '90-'98.

Education -> MA in Geography with emphasis on GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and Urban Planning
Practice -> GIS System Architect

Background: Mechanic / Machinist / Gearhead / Greasemonkey
Education: Biologist / Chemist / Lab Rat (NSU '04)
How the BILLS get PAID: R&D Senior Project Engineer (Hydraulic Filtration)

Background: Mechanic / Machinist / Gearhead / Greasemonkey
Education: Biologist / Chemist / Lab Rat (NSU '04)
How the BILLS get PAID: R&D Senior Project Engineer (Hydraulic Filtration)

You too huh?

Education: BS chemistry (VT '07)
Job: QC scientist, although I want to go back to school soon for physical therapy.

I have done B.C.A that means Bachelor in Computer Application and Now I am doing animation course. :D

I like home brewing because it is cheaper, and we can make what we want even what we can't get in shops.

No, I am not an engineer.
But the home brewer that convinced be to home brew was an engineer. He was a good friend of my engineer father.

i would say, based on the schools that I've seen numbers for, there are less engineers than other majors, that there would be less engineer homebrewers.

and I'm an engineer
BSCE VMI '01

This thread is why my "what is your favorite mechanical pencil" thread took off. Engineers and their writing utensils...!

CPA here...

You engineers are great!

I have to deal with damn attorneys constantly....what a chore that is. "No Mr. Goldberg being an attorney does not make a tax professional and absolutely it doesn't mean you know how to read a financial statemtent. In fact, Id be shocked if you could spell "financial statement""

No offense attorneys :D...my area is just full of troublesome ones.

Simulation and Analysis Engineer, HSI and Ergonomic Simulation Engineer, Computer Geek, Beer Freak.....

I'm a teacher. I've got a degree in English and work at a private school where I primarily teach 6-8th grade.

That said, I've become the primary science teacher and we do a lot of engineering products. I also race sportscars (and thus repair and tweak them). I'm also fond of cooking.

Back