Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What is the WORST beer you have ever had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
Hodmokrin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What is the WORST beer you have ever had?

I have seen many posts (on this site or others)about "my favorite beer" or whatever.... i was reminiscing about my youth, and remembered a hot summer afternoon when i was about 13 and cleaning out the garage... and i came across about 10 beers that had been stashed in a box, and forgotten about, (it was some open air garage aged MGD) and apparently left to the elements for a couple years.. or more? (yuck).... i remember being excited since i had actually had my hands on enough beer to get a good buzz on for me and my best buddy at the time..... i was 13 ok.....

I took special care to secure a cooler for the night, and empty the ice trays in my parents refrigerator in order to bring our newly discovered garage beer to a enjoyable temperature.

I arranged for my buddy to stay the night at my parents house since we had a good way to sneak out into the woods, to enjoy our haul. I remember arriving at the cooler, covered in leaves in the woods, and pulling out the first ice cold brew which had almost been a blessing by the brewing gods that we were able to obtain it in the first place. My first taste was really bad, i mean horrible. I assumed most beer tasted like this since i really had never drank a full beer.... We managed to get down ALL of them... somehow... In my ignorance, i assumed all beer tasted this bad, and it kind of ruined my whole idea of beer for many years. In hindsight, this is one of my many "fond" memories of being a kid.... just thought i would share that and see if anyone had any stories about the WORST BEER THEY HAVE EVER HAD.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
Atonk
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I was in Russia one summer, and they had a six pack of Milwaukee's Best in the window of a kiosk. A friend and I thought it would be really funny to buy a six pack of American beer on some street corner. Obviously we were young and stupid because we didn't think twice about them selling us the exact same six pack (cans) sitting in the baking hot window. Why we drank it I still don't know. Ugly, ugly morning.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3310 Times on 2059 Posts
Likes Given: 2829

There is no doubt it was one of my own beers. One of many. E pluribus unum.

Probably the irish red I made with a raw turnip. Turnips are evil. I knew it after I read Tobacco Road, but I had to find out for myself.

I recommend everyone finds these things out for themselves. But take my word on turnips.

hotpants Likes This 
Old 02-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
RobbyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Any budweizer product, Miller product, or just about any macro-brew filth that the majority of people think is good beer.. When in actuality is wombat piss.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
BrewKnurd
Formerly discnjh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

i had a rolling rock that had been sitting out on a porch for at least a year. that was pretty bad.

Fake it til you make it.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Calder
Recipes 

Liked 246 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeer View Post
Any budweizer product, Miller product, or just about any macro-brew filth that the majority of people think is good beer.. When in actuality is wombat piss.
They have their place. An ice cold BMC is one of the most refreshing drinks when it's hot and you are really in need of a drink. Apart from that I prefer something with more taste and body.

Worst beer ....... probably mine. I remember when I first started about 15 years ago, I had a batch that was vinegar ....... but I really wanted to believe that it was fine, and drank a number of the beers ....... Thinking back; I don't know how I got thru the first glass. I seem to remember that I didn't drink too many and most of it went down the drain. It was some 'Brew in bag' kit where you added water to a bag, it fermented in the bag, and it had a tap on it to dispense the beer. Really simple ..... really bad.

The other bad experience I can remember is some Speckled Hen. 3 of the 6 bottles were light struck. Kind of Russian roulette as to whether you would get a decent beer. I have never bought a beer in a clear bottle since then.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #7
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeer
What makes it the worst? Are they great? No. But worst? Not even close

Old 02-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #8
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Commercial beer it had to be a 40 ounce malt liquor I had back in high school. I don't even know the brand, just know it was gross. The next runner up was a homebrew I made when I first started homebrewing. It was an attempt at a hard lemonade made using champagne yeast and no hops. It was really bad...not quite gag-worthy but very close.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
RobbyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyChopps

What makes it the worst? Are they great? No. But worst? Not even close
I can't stomach bud.. It really is gross.. I may of had some worse beers.. But Bud is definitely up there...
But all time absolute worst? Has to be this Mexican lager I had at a brewery in Florida, although I've blocked the name from memory.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

I just don't understand how bmc can't be worst than malt liquor

Quick Reply