Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Warsteiner verum? Really?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
TheWiz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewScout View Post
Or maybe I got a bottle that was mishandled during transport. Who knows!
I don't think Warsteiner is by any means the best, but it is great whilst grilling! I have had some Warsteiner that was better than some others (Maybe transport issues). I do like Bitburger and just had some Krombacher tonight for the first time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #12
maf58d
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Warsteiner is what got me into homebrewing. Last year, at the end of september into october 2011,my wife and I went to Cashmire Washington to visit her sister and family. While we were there, we went to the Octoberfest at Leavenworth, and enjoyed all it had, good food, good bands, and good beer. I loved the Warsteiner octoberfest, but my favorite was the Warsteiner dunkel, all on tap. Bought a Warsteiner liter mug to drink it in, and read on it, translated, life is to short for cheep beer, and agreed. Got back home and could not find any dunkel anywhere, though some stores did carry verum, I prefered dunkel. Doing internet searches came up on lots of homebrewing sites, such as this one, and the realization that, yes, I can do that. Have had a great time brewing and learning about brewing. And my wife says, of all my hobbies, she likes this one best. ---Mark F.---

Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #13
C-Rider
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewScout View Post
So I decided to try one of these today. I was at first reluctant due to the fact that they were located in the same section of the cooler as old English and colt 45. I got home and was very disappointed. To me it tasted like a glorified corona only a little sweeter. Is this just the style or is this the Coors of Germany? What style is this?
Had some at my cousins place on the East Coast a few years ago. It was good, but that was before I discovered dark ales.

I seem to remember something on their label that went something like this

"Life is to short to drink cheap beer".

Kaiser Ridge Brewing
-------------------------
Bottled in the refer: Maui Wowie(RobustCoffeePorter)
Bottled in the refer: Malahine Ale (Am Pale)
Bottled in the refer: OldGlory (Am Stout)
Bottled in the refer: GermanImperialStout
Bottled in the refer: German IPA
Bottled in the refer: Düsseldorf Altbier

Quick Reply