Virginia Mountain Mint question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeBAD

Reaction score
Hey everyone I need some input. I recently came into a batch of fresh Virginia Mountain Mint and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas on what type of home brew I might add some to? When should I add it? How much? How or should I dry it out before using? Any ideas or input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Never heard of it, but after some reading I have a couple of ideas. I would not dry it, crushing it to release the oils just before tossing it in the pot... Maybe at 5 or 10 minutes left in the boil.

It's always better to use the low end of what you think you'll need, so maybe start with less than 1/2 an ounce in the first batch. Maybe way less, depending on how powerful it smells.

It seems to me like it would work really well in a stout with a good bit of chocolate malt or possibly a dunkelweizen, if used with great restraint.

Latest posts

Back