Total Wine is Awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
I was visiting some friends in Virginia and went to a Total Wine store to get a mix and match six pack, which I cannot do in anywhere I have been in PA. I tried to get a variety of stuff this is what I got, I should have bought 2 packs.

2008 Samichlaus Classic
SkullSplitter Orkney Ale
Chimay Ale
Young's Luxury Double Chocolate Stout (in a can)
Singha Thai Lager
Duvel Belgian Golden Ale

and 2 22 oz
Southern Tier Big Red Imperial Ale
Stone Ruination IPA

All are beers that I have never had before, how did I do? What am I in for LOL

I love going to total wine... Some of them are bigger than others, which one did you go to?

Where in PA you from?

In Lancaster....I wasn't sure if a make your own six pack was against some ridiculous PA law...so I just assumed there wasn't any Total Wine stores here...

I was at one near Chesapeake VA in a strip mall kind of area.

What a great store. I spent my life savings at one last weekend, but have a LOT of good beer to show for it.

The only issue I've had with the make-your-own six pack is that some of those beers are on the shelf a long time. Also, any beers bottled in clear glass tend to be skunked.

But, I have found some great beers at Total Wine.

I was visiting some friends in Virginia and went to a Total Wine store to get a mix and match six pack, which I cannot do in anywhere I have been in PA. I tried to get a variety of stuff this is what I got, I should have bought 2 packs.

2008 Samichlaus Classic
SkullSplitter Orkney Ale
Chimay Ale
Young's Luxury Double Chocolate Stout (in a can)
Singha Thai Lager
Duvel Belgian Golden Ale

and 2 22 oz
Southern Tier Big Red Imperial Ale
Stone Ruination IPA

All are beers that I have never had before, how did I do? What am I in for LOL

Ruination FTW!!!!

In Lancaster....I wasn't sure if a make your own six pack was against some ridiculous PA law...so I just assumed there wasn't any Total Wine stores here...

If you are ever in the MD/DE border area you HAVE to go to stateline liquors. It makes total wine look like a joke. I have a love/hate relationship with stateline. I love it oh so much but I spent so much time in a trip and it kills my bank account. I can't let myself go more than once a month.

same here i used to spend a ton of money at the one in jacksonville FL, since i have moved to VA though the Greenbriar Total Wine in Chesapeake VA gets alot of my money now days!!

you gotta watch it though you can spend 15$+ on a 6pack that you mix and match with lol I normally buy a 6pack or two of a Micro brew and/or local brew and a 6 pack of a beer from outside the US.

damm i love that place though!!!!!:rockin::tank:

There is one just over the PA/DE line off Rt. 95, it use to be Liquor World (Say that one slow,LOL:) ) (I have never been in store with soooooooo many wines! It keeps my wife busy while I look at beer.) They have a better selection than the one in Newark, DE.

Stateline is also very good.

I have been to Weagmans in PA and they now have some singles/six packs. I bought a few kinds of hefewiezen for testing. Philadelphia has a place called The Foodery but I have never been. Cherry hill NJ has a total wine as well.

Well I was hoping to find a place within reasonable driving distance, 95 isn't too far from me, I live in Amish Country so there isn't really that much in the way of specialty beer stores and no homebrew stores but that is slowly changing I hope!

Only been to the one in fairfax, va. (close to work for me) and they have a damn good selection of beer, including belgians. Got my first DF 120 there a while back along with a lot of other stuff I had never heard of and even found a few bottles of wine I had been looking for for 3 years. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back