Tips, ideas for finding recipes of now defunct breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrakeleyBrewing

Reaction score
I live near Easton, PA and I have been reading up on a couple of Easton breweries that were quite large in their day, but both closed by the 1950's. They were Seitz Brewing Company (closed 1938) and Kuebler Brewing Company (closed 1953).

I think it would be really cool if I could find a recipe and brew one of the beers. Unfortunately, the internet isn't really turning anything up. I think my next step will be local libraries, but I'm not sure if they would have anything. If anyone has done something similar or has an ideas, they would be welcome.

I live near Easton, PA and I have been reading up on a couple of Easton breweries that were quite large in their day, but both closed by the 1950's. They were Seitz Brewing Company (closed 1938) and Kuebler Brewing Company (closed 1953).

I think it would be really cool if I could find a recipe and brew one of the beers. Unfortunately, the internet isn't really turning anything up. I think my next step will be local libraries, but I'm not sure if they would have anything. If anyone has done something similar or has an ideas, they would be welcome.

My Great-grandfather was the Brewmaster at Seitz, unfortunately he did not leave the recipe to anyone when he died.

Back