Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Reading Brewing up a business... lovin' it

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
Gdubss31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

How long will an untapped keg of new castle last in room temperature in the low 60's? Reason I'm asking us that I have that keg left from a party and still not done with my existing keg that's in my kegerator.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
Weizenwerks
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubss31 View Post
How long will an untapped keg of new castle last in room temperature in the low 60's? Reason I'm asking us that I have that keg left from a party and still not done with my existing keg that's in my kegerator.
Not the appropriate thread for this question. Start your own.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
luke2080
Insert Witty Title Here..
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubss31 View Post
That should win an award for the most off topic question ever. (although I would answer 1 month, easy, since it isn't tapped. Probably longer)

Opening a brewery is definitely mostly about the brand, marketing, and sales. But forecasting growth, demand, and sizing your operations properly is wildly important to open a brewery profitably. I didn't think he detailed much of that, which is why I haven't read it yet.

Maybe this book, in addition to some of the others referenced in his book as you say, will shape my mindset. I'll share some opinions once I chew through this book.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
year2beer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080

That should win an award for the most off topic question ever. (although I would answer 1 month, easy, since it isn't tapped. Probably longer)

Opening a brewery is definitely mostly about the brand, marketing, and sales. But forecasting growth, demand, and sizing your operations properly is wildly important to open a brewery profitably. I didn't think he detailed much of that, which is why I haven't read it yet.

Maybe this book, in addition to some of the others referenced in his book as you say, will shape my mindset. I'll share some opinions once I chew through this book.
I can see your point of view, but now your are discussing the different views between entrepreneurs and brewers...

Sam C. Is an entrepreneur with a brewing side. However his desire to create new and specialized products drives his desires.

On the other hand... some people are Brewers that want to be entrepreneurs... and get wrapped up in technical details.

I'm not saying either way is better, just that this book is written by a creative spirit for entrepreneur types... I've briefly skimmed his recommendations. They are ate up with the details you are looking for... good luck scaling up your operations... as that is a HUGE undertaking.

As for me, I'm using a lot of his writing to think through my second start up... its amazing how his words and concepts generate rapid fire ideas...

Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
Soma
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

'Extreme Brewing' was so disappointing I never gave this one a chance. Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #16
kpr121
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 68

I just downloaded it on Kindle appl, 9 bucks. Got through the first chapter, pretty good read so far.

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Quick Reply