Monastic Brewing Comes to Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So cool! Thanks for posting. I actually worked on that church some 15 years ago. I'm headed up to corvallis today, maybe I can convince swsbo to take the long way through Silverton?:)

They've made sausages for the Octoberfest held in the town for years. It's about time they made the beer!
Anyone know what they're going to brew and when?

FYI-

Being that I live a short & beautiful 45 minute drive from the Mt Angel Abbey, in my excitement I wrote them and here is the actual reply from Chris Jones, the Director of Enterprises for the abbey:

Thank you, Troy, for your interest and enthusiasm about our project. Monks tend to think in 50-100 year timeframes, so we aren’t sure when this will actually open. However, we are moving forward with space planning, recipe development, OLCC applications and ordering equipment.

We look forward to having you visit us some day,

Chris

So... Don't hold your breath & take your vitamins so you live a good long time if you want to be around for this. 😇

Back