Kegerator owners, how many taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 taps but unfortunately not much on tap due to me trying to close on a house. Didn't want to carry kegs of beer around. I have an APA and a Berliner at the moment.

IIPA
Belgian Pale
Vanilla Porter
Black IPA (nitro)

4 for now, but just procured a bigger freezer to add at least 2, one of which will be nitro

Kohatu Pale Ale
Nut Brown
Citra/crystal IPA
Hoppy Amber

Just the 2 at my place, ready to be tapped for a party tomorrow night:

- Rye Saison
- Cascade/Columbus Pale Ale

4 for now, but just procured a bigger freezer to add at least 2, one of which will be nitro

Kohatu Pale Ale
Nut Brown
Citra/crystal IPA
Hoppy Amber

How do you like the Kohatu? I have a few ounces in my freezer, thinking I should do a single hopped beer with them, perhaps.

I have 3 taps.
Kellerhell (young helles)
Schwarzbier
Black IPA

I don't know how you guys have so many taps. Do you drink like 4 beers a day? Have people over every other today? Or does each keg last like 3 months? I like to brew, I can't stand when a beer lasts more than about a month. I brew 3-4 gallon batches also...

How do you like the Kohatu? I have a few ounces in my freezer, thinking I should do a single hopped beer with them, perhaps.

I have 3 taps.
Schwarzbier
Black IPA

I don't know how you guys have so many taps. Do you drink like 4 beers a day? Have people over every other today? Or does each keg last like 3 months? I like to brew, I can't stand when a beer lasts more than about a month. I brew 3-4 gallon batches also...

I have two taps myself with nothing at the moment (recently moved) and I ask myself the same thing.

Two taps is still 10 gallons of ale to drink by myself with friends. :confused:

I've got 8 on tap:
APA
DIPA
IPA
Blackberry Kolsch
Oatmeal Stout
Milk Stout
Munich Helles
Saison

I probably drink 3 beers a day and occasionally have people over for parties. Most of my kegs last 2-3 months, while some may last 6. I like to have a good variety, and can you really have too much beer on hand. Always ready for a party.

3 taps with plans to add 3 more in the future.

RIS
Cream Ale
Apricot Cream Ale

I usually have a keg of root beer going on a pick nick tap for the kids, too.

How many cubic feet in a chest freezer do you need for 6 taps? 3? 4?

I've got 8 on tap:
APA
DIPA
IPA
Blackberry Kolsch
Oatmeal Stout
Milk Stout
Munich Helles
Saison

I probably drink 3 beers a day and occasionally have people over for parties. Most of my kegs last 2-3 months, while some may last 6. I like to have a good variety, and can you really have too much beer on hand. Always ready for a party.

See, this would drive me crazy. Only be able to brew maybe once a month at that rate. I have to brew at least every other week. But, then again, I don't ever throw parties. The most I'll have is a couple people come over and have a couple pints. I like small and chill gatherings. That's what's great about this hobby though, we can do what we want with it.

I have 3 because I know that having more would present a pipeline challenge.

Currently bee cave hefe , yoopers oatmeal stout and my own recipe brown porter.

15 in the back yard, under reconfiguration. Bought it here on HBT and am presently converting it to 5-gal cornies. What a beast! I may have lost my mind. 2 in the living room - Irish red and an IPA.

Cider (carbing)
Broken Leg Amber
Denny Conn's Rye IPA
Cherry Wheat

As soon as I assemble the line for the cider, that will be the first time that I have had four on tap since building the keezer a month or two ago. Prior to that I had a 1 tap kegerator. One beer at a time wasn't enough, i like variety, and I never wanted to put a high gravity beer on tap because I don't think I'd ever make it through the keg. Four taps seems like plenty to me. I also keep a wide variety of commercial craft beer on hand though, so if i want a stout right now I grab a bottle.

I have a fridge with 3 taps, and a freezer with 6 kegs capacity. Only running 4 cobra taps in it now, while I try to determine how I'm going to build out the keezer. See my sig for a list of what's on tap.

See, this would drive me crazy. Only be able to brew maybe once a month at that rate. I have to brew at least every other week. But, then again, I don't ever throw parties. The most I'll have is a couple people come over and have a couple pints. I like small and chill gatherings. That's what's great about this hobby though, we can do what we want with it.

Not true, you'll temporarily brew more with more taps. Assuming that your consumption rate is constant and your pipeline is healthy, it doesn't matter if you have 1 tap or 15, you'll need to brew with the same frequency. When you add more taps, you'll have to brew more to have something for each of them, temporarily increasing the need to brew.

I brew about once a month, which is great for me, but in August, preparing to replace my single tap kegerator with a four tap keezer, i brewed three batches to have enough beer ready to get the keezer filled up. Now that it's full, it's back to monthly brews to maintain the supply.

Not true, you'll temporarily brew more with more taps. Assuming that your consumption rate is constant and your pipeline is healthy, it doesn't matter if you have 1 tap or 15, you'll need to brew with the same frequency. When you add more taps, you'll have to brew more to have something for each of them, temporarily increasing the need to brew.

I brew about once a month, which is great for me, but in August, preparing to replace my single tap kegerator with a four tap keezer, i brewed three batches to have enough beer ready to get the keezer filled up. Now that it's full, it's back to monthly brews to maintain the supply.

Hmm, maaaaaaybe. I would brew every weekend if I could, just don't have space or fermenters to sit around waiting for kegs to be free.

I have 3 taps.
Schwarzbier
Black IPA

I like kohatu, it's very fruity and not in a nelson way. It was my first use, You'll need more than a few oz for a single hop. Despite what the description says, it's not an aggressive hop, it takes a good amount of it to shine through.

My GF and I drink a pint or two each a night(thats a keg a month right there), and I have people over frequently. I'd say my average keg lasts 3 weeks. I typically have one beer on tap that does not need to be consumed quickly, the rest are hop forward and have a short shelf life, I make sure they are consumed in an appropriate time period.

2 taps
IPA
Cider (in kegerator but using a picnic tap)

I also just picked up a 15 cu ft chest freezer, so maybe I can squeeze a corny or two in there.

2 taps:
Red IPA
H3 (Honey lemon lavender lager)

My kegerator has enough room for a third keg, so I'm saving up to add a beer gas tap.

5 taps + 2 cobras for sours

Belgian pale
IPA
Stout
Hefe
Belgian Quad

Orval-inspired ale
2-1/2 year old Brett C Scottish ale

2 taps

-moonlight death and taxes black beer (commercial, outta SF)
-just finished a red irish ale and about to hook up a american wheat

Back