I need YOUR help on a beer bounty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drives_a_bike

Reaction score
My brother-in-law is in Kansas City for the next couple days and if I get him a list of beers I want and the best place to acquire them, he's agreed to pick me up a beer bounty.

Anything in KC i NEED to try?

GO!

drives_a_bike said:
My brother-in-law is in Kansas City for the next couple days and if I get him a list of beers I want and the best place to acquire them, he's agreed to pick me up a beer bounty.

Anything in KC i NEED to try?

GO!

All I can think about is bbq. Sorry

KC is pretty spread out. That being said, there are a couple of pretty decent chain liquor stores here. Lukas Liquors, both on the south side of KC and Gomer's. There are several Gomer's on the south side and one on the north side.

The beer selection in KC is pretty good. There are a few beers that are brewed local that you can find on the shelves here. Boulevard, 75th Street and Doodle Brewing. Doodle is fairly new and the only thing they have out now is a Belgian but, it's pretty good! 75th Street beers seem kinda hit and miss as far as availability. You'll find Boulevard pretty much everywhere you go. Any of their 'smoke stack series' are great. If you like IPA's, you'll have to find their 'Double-Wide IPA', fantastic stuff!

Really, other than that, you'll probably find most of the same stuff here that you would find in SD.

phenry said:
Anything from Boulevard's Smokestack series for sure.

Seconded their Tank 7 sasion Double Wide IPA and sasion Brett are my favorites.

phenry said:
Anything from Boulevard's Smokestack series for sure.

I third this. Just did a trade with a guy who hooked me up with double wide IPA and dark truth stout. The double wide was ok but the stout was fantastic!

Dang...I can get dark truth, tank 7, double wide and sixth glass here in South Dakota. I was wondering if there was anything crazy out right now, like a RIS or something.

@jiggs Casey, do you guys get Oskar Blues down there?

Free State Brewery in near by Lawrence Kansas. You can find them in local bottle shops. I second the Smoke Stack series as well.

Theres a few in the smockstack series that are good. Double wide i.p.a is definately not one of them. Tank 7 is good and theres a few of the rare ones that are good.

Back