Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How much commercial beer do you drink at home?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #21
phatuna
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I probably do 70% homebrew and 30% store bought. I concentrate my homebrewing on bigger beers and buy session beers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have some store bought beers that I have been hording...I do not know if those count but I included it.

Overall I may drink 1-3 store bought beers in a month at home. I do most of my commercial sampling when I go to the bar and that is 1 time per month at the most. (We have a couple real nice craft beer places near me that rotate stock often.)

When I do buy, I perfer to get 22oz bombers or fliptop bottles; this further limits me. When I 1st started, I could not get enough DFH 90 min and a few other of there brews. They no longer distro in my state and now I do not miss them, even a little.

At home I have plenty of homebrew to get me by and I am rapidly approaching the point were store bought beer may be a thing of the past or just a special treat.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #23
nicadrick
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Only when I am researching a particular style or commercial example. Otherwise, there is no need.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 413 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I used to go to the bottle shop every week. Spend about 40-50 buxs on the equivalent of 2-3 sixers. Now, I may go to the liquor store once every three months. Went today in fact because my mother-in-law gave me a gift card for the place for xmas. Like Reevy said, I still get the craving for something now and then.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #25
cclloyd

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 71

+1 on research and also wanting something I've had that I liked. I haven't gotten to the point where I can keep my pipeline full so I go through a couple of cases a month of commercial beers. Generally good quality micros but I do like Yuengling as my hot weather man I'm thirsty beer, especially at $10 a 12 pack.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #26
TAPPOOL
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Since I started back up this year after a 13 year lay off and now that the beer I brewed is coming in steady, I don't think I have had a commercial beer. I have some Yuengling here but I don't think I downed even one of those. Those will be for my poker buddies when they come over...lol.. I look at it this way...Even a young, green beer is better then BMC..

Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #27
jmprdood
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

0 - i drink commercial brews in pubs w/ friends, but at home it's 100% homebrew (I did get a couple of Big Belgian beers as Xmas gifts) but no commercial beer in the fridge - my pipeline currently has a nice stout, brown ale, pale ale and cider w/ a wheat beer on deck...

Old 12-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #28
dunejunkie
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I honestly don't remember when I last bought a big commercial...... Or even drank one. I do pick up bombers or growlers of craft brew when ever I can. I'm lucky to live in a very beer'd area so I drink a lot of the local stuff like ROGUE, Deschutes, Ninkasi, HopWorks, Alameda, Fire on the mountain, and Full Sail..... Though I'am very fond of any and all Lagunitas brews.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #29
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I buy a good bit of craft beer. But most of mine is hard to find or if I go out of town I will bring home as many as I can so my brew friends and I can Taste them. Shoot I even take the guys at the beer store I go to beer that they can't get this will help get you stuff that is limited to them. But for the most part we drink home brew every day. A Budy came over on Monday and helped me kill a keg so we could put a new beer on tap. Took 7 beers each but we did it and after that we had two craft beers

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #30
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 324

I still buy a ton of commercial brew, I usually try to have at least a sixer, usually two, of something I like and a bunch of bombers. I only brew beers I like to drink, but two cases at a time is enough to make you tired of any beer. Plus, I prefer bombers for bottling.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Quick Reply