home brew problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is that I keep giving it away... and I usually only give away the good ones, so I get stuck with kegs of beers that I don't want.

We don't have a lot of friends,so that's not a problem. but with middle age comes aches & pains from old injuries coming back to haunt you. So it's more like granny Clampett's rumatize medicine. Organic too boot,with no added chemicals & such. Now,it's ok to have a drink now & then,...but this sip sip sip all day has got to stop!
But seriously, We get together over 4 or 5 beers to watch videos in the evening a few times a week. Other times,grab dinner & kick back upstairs with some movies. It's good to have a sittin room spot on one side of the master bedroom.

My problem is that I keep giving it away... and I usually only give away the good ones, so I get stuck with kegs of beers that I don't want.

I also have that issue. But hey, I enjoy having firends/family drinking my brews over the commerical stuff any day. :mug:

I think the answer is to brew more, a lot more. This way you will have plenty! I usually start telling people about my beer and they all want to try it so my bottled stuff goes quick. I started kegging more and I have more beer now! I also like to have multiple beers fermenting at once.

This is going into similar conversations we've had here. While it's nice to share,friends need to know that my house is not a freebee speakeasy. Don't be buddy buddy with me,thinking I'm going to feed your habit for free. Reminds me of when I was young. If you had money for beer,& a bag of weed,you were the man of the hour. Same thing here...some things never change.:drunk:Or,like the old Roman tune;beware,young maidens & value your wine. Beware of young men in their velvet prime. How deeply they'll drink from your finest kegs,leaving you...with bitter dregs...

Back