Has anyone gone for this brewing guide?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather by How to Brew, The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, Designing Great Beers and Radical Brewing (for about 40 bucks total on Amazon) before I'd spring for a random collection of stuff you can read on the forum.

Who knows.. but, I saw the same type of advertising.. the big page with the blue writing on it when I was searching for a dog training program. Kept pumping out tidbits of info.. but subscribing was expensive.. Stick to HBT

The person offering the guide is an internet marketing person... so the guide is real, whether it can teach you somethings you cannot otherwise discover on you own is unknown. I would not buy it!

The sample pages indicate a 5-10$ book of rehashed info, not a 40$ book of super premium brewing techniques...

lol just "one simple brewing method" and he turns from a spaz into "a beer chef" for whom formulating recipes became second nature. Also, "and trust me, I get a hard on reading and talking about the little details of how beer pours with different carbonation levels or served in different glasses". Good to know. Here's my payment info.

If you really want to improve your brewing, and you are comfortable with all-grain, try reading Brewing Better Beer by Gordon Strong. Much less than $40, and it actually will improve your brewing techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not one for PAYING for books while HBT is here. I know that not every topic is covered in its entirety across the forum but I bet it is pretty close.

I do enjoy reading books on the subject just not paying more than a few bucks for them. My best book source to date is my local Goodwills. I have a Complete Joy of homebrewing original and 3rd addition, The brewer's bible, and a few others.(I am at work so I do not have my library in front of me...) I will say I have found about 5 decent books and probabbly have that much invested in them...lol.

That guy needs an infomercial.

Best Part:

"I researched forums online and dug into websites that were pretty much full blown complicated home brewing books… (which you may have seen)…

... and it wasn't long before I was overwhelmed with information… "

Then near the end:

"The training is a 140+ page brewing guide along with 12 bite size 30 to 45 minute brewing videos which show you how easy it is to brew different classic styles of beer starting with choosing the right ingredients up to serving the beer in the right glass and the right carbonation levels… "

I read most of the article and almost lost my lunch when he said "My beer had a sour green apple taste the Homebrewing forum (not HBT I assure you) siad that is why it's called green beer" also apparently fermentation also produces Acetaldehyde according to complicated brewing books.

The most complicated brewing book I've ever read is "chemical Engineering and the brewing and distilling industries"

My advice - stay away. That website looks super cheesy. And for 40 bucks? Please, I would damn near guarantee there will be nothing unique in that "kit".

Well you know, if you can't develop a reputation as an award winning homebrewer with the ability to teach others how to do it, just plagiarize everything else in microsoft word and self publish for 4x the price of the guys that do.

I would like to know what his "Counter-Intuitive “spoil your beer” method that allows you to improve the taste of your beer… (and why most do this wrong…)" is...

I would like to know what his "Counter-Intuitive “spoil your beer” method that allows you to improve the taste of your beer… (and why most do this wrong…)" is...

Yeah I was very intrigued by this too. I surmised that he was talking about a fast ferment test but it's not quite clear.

Back