Forbidden to brew…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeFlynn74 said:
Oh for the love of god. You know we did Combat Search and Rescue support for some important personnel that we were not allowed to know who it was or the flight times. Turns out yahoo and CNN news had the DVs entire schedule posted on the internet and ran it as their top story.

OPSEC is a bunch of crap when 99% of everything is posted to CNN

Then why not put a ****ing bullseye on your back, son? How about the fact they are scanning MySpace looking for addresses of military members...We had a family in our squadron get a threatining phone call last month.

Maybe if you stand out like a sore thumb douce-bag...they will leave me alone!

Freakin' Part-Timers..................

Opsec is not the same as keeping your personal info secret kid. Anyone who puts their personal info on the Internet is an idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security just so you know what OPSEC is-

I have more AD time 7 years and more deployments 3 (120day in 3 years) than you do but thats a moot point. Funny thing is "Part Timers" run 45% of all combat sorties and something like 70% of the Airlift. But go ahead keep your myopic view of how the AF really works.

MikeFlynn74 said:
Opsec is not the same as keeping your personal info secret kid. Anyone who puts their personal info on the Internet is an idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security just so you know what OPSEC is-

I have more AD time 7 years and more deployments 3 (120day in 3 years) than you do but thats a moot point. Funny thing is "Part Timers" run 45% of all combat sorties and something like 70% of the Airlift. But go ahead keep your myopic view of how the AF really works.

You know...I had about 3 paragraphs typed out for you..but then I realized I dont have to prove **** ...I'm in such a good place..I cant complain...think what you want

I guess I got carried away-

But my point still stands as OPSEC is nonexistant. You would think troop movements would be considered OPSEC.

Why was the entire media at the Military Pax terminal for our going away? Why did they publish a complete flight path with our layover in Germany all approved by PA?

As I get ready to put on MSgt I find myself more angry at how poorly things are executed and how well we manage to spend money on idiotic projects while systematically decreasing our resources benefits and personnel. Ive seen tons over here and it keeps getting worse. I guess I let my discontent get the better of me after 4 loooooong months. No hard feelings- We need more positive people in the AF. God knows it wont hurt.

But one thing that will never stop pissing me off is the goddamn reflective belts. Why do we wear camo with a REFLECTIVE Belt in a war zone?

MikeFlynn74 said:
But one thing that will never stop pissing me off is the goddamn reflective belts. Why do we wear camo with a REFLECTIVE Belt in a war zone?

So that the terrorists know that in America - we don't go anywhere without our bling-bling. :rockin:

Just kidding - that seems counterintuitive.

Holy crap!

Okay, I was deliberately vague when I last posted for OPSEC's Sake.

I'm sure we all remember Navy SEALs being greeted on the shores of Somalia in '92 and Geraldo Rivera giving away troop movement info (on the air) during the onset of OIF (what a clown). OPSEC fiascos. And we all know that there have been more than just those.

We all realize the importance of OPSEC, not just for military members, but for family members back home. Whether it's one person, a company, squadron, whatever... it's all important. Even if it seems that it's the media is our biggest OPSEC violator at times, just make sure it's not us.

So let's just RDWHAHB.

Michael

michael88n said:
Holy crap!

Okay, I was deliberately vague when I last posted for OPSEC's Sake.

I'm sure we all remember Navy SEALs being greeted on the shores of Somalia in '92 and Geraldo Rivera giving away troop movement info (on the air) during the onset of OIF (what a clown). OPSEC fiascos. And we all know that there have been more than just those.

We all realize the importance of OPSEC, not just for military members, but for family members back home. Whether it's one person, a company, squadron, whatever... it's all important. Even if it seems that it's the media is our biggest OPSEC violator at times, just make sure it's not us.

So let's just RDWHAHB.

Michael

Yeah...when you wrote that I was picturing THAT exact image in my mind, as well as CNN shooting the troops landing in the Falklands, from the ground.... My late father, a WWII vet had a field day with that stupidity.......I hadn't heard my dad swear that much since I was a kid....

MikeFlynn74 said:
I guess I got carried away-

But my point still stands as OPSEC is nonexistant. You would think troop movements would be considered OPSEC.

Why was the entire media at the Military Pax terminal for our going away? Why did they publish a complete flight path with our layover in Germany all approved by PA?

As I get ready to put on MSgt I find myself more angry at how poorly things are executed and how well we manage to spend money on idiotic projects while systematically decreasing our resources benefits and personnel. Ive seen tons over here and it keeps getting worse. I guess I let my discontent get the better of me after 4 loooooong months. No hard feelings- We need more positive people in the AF. God knows it wont hurt.

No hard feelings.

All,

I've been back for a few days, and pretty busy at that.

Thanks for the support for me and the rest of our bothers and sisters still over there.

Stay strong,

Michael

FWIW, I truly hope Mike Flynn and Jason Horlacher aren't your real names....because if they are, youre interest in OPSEC is totally a moot point....

ScubaSteve said:
FWIW, I truly hope Mike Flynn and Jason Horlacher aren't your real names....because if they are, youre interest in OPSEC is totally a moot point....

Too true. And funny. It makes me think of the dictionary definition of the word "ironic"

"Don't 'cha think?"

Michael

Latest posts

Back