The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > First commercial beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
The_Brewzer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default First commercial beer!

I just wanted to take a moment of personal pride here to announce the release of my first commercial beer in about 45 minutes! The beer is a sour mash Berliner Weisse, named Afternoon Delight and releasing at Paradise Creek Brewery in Pullman Washington. If anyone happens to be in the area, you should definitely try it out, it's worth it!

Brewed 7 barrels of it in the brewery with brewmaster Tom Handy a few weeks ago, which was an interesting process as neither of us had done a sour mash on that scale before. Brew day (weekend) went smoothly though, and the resulting beer is fantastic.

Not much else to add unless anyone has questions, but I felt like announcing my "baby", and this seemed like the right place!

Prost!

untitled.jpg  
Kegged: Redcoat Strong Cider, Berliner Weisse, Packing peanut malt liquor, IPA Tripel, Diacetyl Guy (Dead Guy clone full of diacetyl, but the wife loves it!), Union Jack clone, Blonde ale, Nut Brown ale
Bottled: Cascadian Dark Ale, Big Poppa's Ghetto Drank, Berliner Weisse, Cap'n's Reserve (Blonde w/ Cap'n Crunch)
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
jakenbacon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Wow nice work man. How did you get the opportunity to do such a thing....

Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 271 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Cheers man- it's amazing a professional would even allow a sour beer on their system. Most pro-am comps specify NO SOURS AND NO BRETT. Congrats!

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
The_Brewzer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenbacon View Post
Wow nice work man. How did you get the opportunity to do such a thing....
I got to know the brewer over the last 6 months or so and had been helping out around the brewery, helped with a couple brews, etc. I told him about this recipe and brought in a bottle just for the sake of beer, and he ended up wanting to brew it!
Kegged: Redcoat Strong Cider, Berliner Weisse, Packing peanut malt liquor, IPA Tripel, Diacetyl Guy (Dead Guy clone full of diacetyl, but the wife loves it!), Union Jack clone, Blonde ale, Nut Brown ale
Bottled: Cascadian Dark Ale, Big Poppa's Ghetto Drank, Berliner Weisse, Cap'n's Reserve (Blonde w/ Cap'n Crunch)
jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
The_Brewzer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin View Post
Cheers man- it's amazing a professional would even allow a sour beer on their system. Most pro-am comps specify NO SOURS AND NO BRETT. Congrats!
Yea I was a little surprised too, luckily this was just a sour mash so the mash tun (and plumbing) would be the only things infected, but there was a lot of chemicals ran through afterwards and it doesn't seem to have affected the batches made since. I know I would have been very apprehensive to do something like that though!

Quick Reply