Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Budweiser project 12

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #111
pohldogg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Are we actually worried that inbev making a craftier beer is going to take market share away from other craft beer? My homebrew has a bigger impact on craft brewers than when i buy inbev products. If anything, bud 12 will cannibalize bud drinkers, and probably turn them into other craft drinkers.

And btw, sam adams is doing the same thing with it's bombers and 750s. They're not really that good but at least 25% cheaper. I don't see us bashing them for under pricing a segment where the real small guys need the margins associated with the larger bottles.

Just like 3 floyds probably isn't scared of boston lager, i doubt the rest of the craft industry is scared of project 12.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #112
ckcanady
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alane1

"Fascism should be more properly called corporitism because it is the merger of state and corporate power."-Benito Mussolini.
This is a slippery slope my friend... What I get from this is that capitalism leads to Fascism. All businesses influence government- take "Joe the plumber" for example!

And thank you passedpawn you get best post on thread of day!

Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #113
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post

Bud makes mostly crappy beer. At least I don't like it. Maybe they are trying to make a better beer. That's what this topic is about. If you want to get all pissy about something you saw in Beer Wars, start your own topic.
You have a point. Honestly I forgot that this wasn't the "Inbev killing Beer" thread.

However, knowing that Inbev intentionally waters down recipes and is OK with losing market share as long as their die-hard customers pay too much for cheaply made beer, why would anyone trust their new offerings?

You might love it, and they turn around and trim it down to make it cheaper to brew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
I prefer mine smoked.
Order up!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #114
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
You have a point. Honestly I forgot that this wasn't the "Inbev killing Beer" thread.
This is what has kept me from posting in this thread. There is no real nice way to put I do not care if it were liquid nectar of the gods, I will never buy any, drink any or even bother to ask, "Does it taste good?" because that would encourage someone else to spend money on it.
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #115
ckcanady
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial

This is what has kept me from posting in this thread. There is no real nice way to put I do not care if it were liquid nectar of the gods, I will never buy any, drink any or even bother to ask, "Does it taste good?" because that would encourage someone else to spend money on it.
You telling me you won't buy bourbon barrel stout from Goose Island?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #116
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcanady View Post
Nope. I do not buy Big Eddy stuff either.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #117
huntingohio
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Monsanto is a whole can of worms by itself. They pateneted plant genetics, alowing them to call any plant with even a minute amount of a certain genetic sequence. This would make any plant that was polinated by wither open air or insect activity, there property. Forcing small farmers to pay stipends to the royal court of monsanto. It could be argued that eventually all plant products will share a gentic line with monsanto products making them monsanto property, alowing them to fix food costs and supply.
That is evil on a hitler/stalin/lenin/Khmer rouge level.

Inbev is only evil on a monopolizing BOA or wal-mart level.

Comparing the two is kind of pointless. I think budwiser understands that and AB product will be frowned upon by the hardcore "craft beer" community.
I too would assert that home brewing would have more of an effect on craft beers bottom line than budwiser. Most of the ill educated public will continue drinking there product because its what they have always drank and craft beers are too "strong".

For me its a moot point I grow most of my own food in buckets, what i dont grow i buy from a local co op that uses heirloom genetics. I hunt my own meat, buying maybe 20% a year. I even brew my own beer, wine cider and mead. I dont want to be a slave to inc. America and would rather make it buy the sweat of my brow.
now for the naysayers who are gonna jump on the i cant do that boat, I too live in a apartment albiet a rural one [and I only pay 450 a month for rent! so take that too!!]

P1 Strawberry bannna melomel
p2 mixed berry cyser
p3 lemon ginger melomel
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #118
ckcanady
Recipes 

Wow... This thread went in a crazy direction!

Bottom line is project 12 produced terrible beer! But good for InBev to provide their brewers an outlet for creativity.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #119
whoaru99
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alane1 View Post
The fact that this is even being disscused is kind of like having a serious debate over the musical accolades of vanilla ice.
The fact that you posted in the thread shows your interest. It's OK that you're curious, no need to raise your nose at others who are as well. That's why I tried it. Won't be buying any more but my curiosity has been satiated.

Primary: Pre-prohibition Lager
Secondary: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Chinook IPA
Drinking: Waldo Lake Amber
Drinking: Edwort's Apfelwein

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #120
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcanady View Post
I would pour it out in the grass.

Did you not know that INbev altered the recipe???? THEY CHANGED BUDWEISER TO MAKE IT EVEN CRAPPIER!!!!!! Ask somebody who loved Becks how it is now. Or fransiskaner. They don't give a flip about beer, just profits.

and even if it was still good, F()CK Inbev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingohio View Post
Monsanto is a whole can of worms by itself. They pateneted plant genetics, alowing them to call any plant with even a minute amount of a certain genetic sequence. This would make any plant that was polinated by wither open air or insect activity, there property. Forcing small farmers to pay stipends to the royal court of monsanto. It could be argued that eventually all plant products will share a gentic line with monsanto products making them monsanto property, alowing them to fix food costs and supply.
That is evil on a hitler/stalin/lenin/Khmer rouge level.

Inbev is only evil on a monopolizing BOA or wal-mart level.

Comparing the two is kind of pointless. I think budwiser understands that and AB product will be frowned upon by the hardcore "craft beer" community.
I too would assert that home brewing would have more of an effect on craft beers bottom line than budwiser. Most of the ill educated public will continue drinking there product because its what they have always drank and craft beers are too "strong".

For me its a moot point I grow most of my own food in buckets, what i dont grow i buy from a local co op that uses heirloom genetics. I hunt my own meat, buying maybe 20% a year. I even brew my own beer, wine cider and mead. I dont want to be a slave to inc. America and would rather make it buy the sweat of my brow.
now for the naysayers who are gonna jump on the i cant do that boat, I too live in a apartment albiet a rural one [and I only pay 450 a month for rent! so take that too!!]
START A THREAD!!!!

You have an awesome point, but while your analaogy is good, you are taking it too far.

(Yes I am too, but these people are WRONG!!)

Quick Reply