bud lights new bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
Have you guy seen the new ad for bud light the one with the scratch off bottle so you can right your name on it. I think it kinda dumb

Sure have. I was watching something with the wife and that commercial came on. I then said something along the lines of "we don't make good beer, so we come up with gimmicks in order to make up for it".

That what I said to the wife. To me its like giving crayon to kids at the restaurant. Something for the to do. Bud light is beer for kids I think.

I disagree about it being dumb. If you ever are at a party with 20 other people, bring able to differentiate your beer from everyone welders is party much a good idea. Now, the chances us drinking a bud light? Probably not so good.

I guess it's cool for the couple seconds before I chug it, slam the can on the ground, and then high-five my bros... :D

jjward101 said:
I disagree about it being dumb. If you ever are at a party with 20 other people, bring able to differentiate your beer from everyone welders is party much a good idea. Now, the chances us drinking a bud light? Probably not so good.

Not that I party alot but to me you should remember your beer
You dont forget you kids do ya.

Not that I party alot but to me you should remember your beer
You dont forget you kids do ya.

No but my kids are also not dressed like everyone elses kids and look the same. Actually my kids will look like at least one other person at the party seeing how they are identical twins.;)

I haven't seen the ads, but it sounds almost like turning a screw-up into a feature.

"Hey, these new labels scratch right off."
"Uhh, yeah, we meant to do that. Now you can write your name on 'em!"

Still not sure how the write-on label will help differentiate between beer owners, given that the all of the names written will be some variation of "bro" - e.g. brah, broseph, brohesian ridgeback, etc.

"our beer tastes like urine so why dont you scratch our name off and put yours on? that way you can take some of the blame for piss-water being so abundant in this country for purchasing such a garbage product"

I've often used the red dixie cups with these scratch labels on them at parties...they're actually really fun. Might be a little sillier with bottles, but it always helps me from going through a thousand cups when people can keep up with theirs and show off their artistic bent.

Just one more way to sell you a case of bottles. That happen to contain beer. I watched beer wars for the first time the other night (not opening a debate or discussion on the movie) and love the part where the diehard Coors/budlight/miller lite drinkers couldn't pick out their favorite. I think I could though.

I would imagine "Brhodesian Ridgeback" would be more accurate. ive never heard of a rhohesion ridgeback...

has anyone made fun of the stupid miller light twisted bottle necks yet? what a joke that is.

I thought it was a pretty good idea. I'd never use it since I:
A, Don't drink Bud Light
B, Don't drink right from the bottle.

But I can see where party people might have fun with it. It's like getting gum in a pack of baseball cards. ok, not as useful as that, but still.

I bowl with a bunch of bud light drinkers. The write on bottle saves the alley from having to wipe their names off the table (they write their name on the table and put their beer on it to keep it straight) now that they can put it on their bottles. My pint of darker beer stands alone.

I've often used the red dixie cups with these scratch labels on them at parties...they're actually really fun. Might be a little sillier with bottles, but it always helps me from going through a thousand cups when people can keep up with theirs and show off their artistic bent.

We leave a couple of sharpies by the cups at parties and make it a requirement to at the very least write your name on the cup so you can reuse it throughout the night. We have some very artistic friends. Plus, we often wash the cups after the party and reuse them ourselves a couple of times. My kids love getting the cups with the crazy drawings on them ;)

We leave a couple of sharpies by the cups at parties and make it a requirement to at the very least write your name on the cup so you can reuse it throughout the night. We have some very artistic friends. Plus, we often wash the cups after the party and reuse them ourselves a couple of times. My kids love getting the cups with the crazy drawings on them ;)

We do the same thing. The added benefit is you find fewer half empty beers in the morning.

BendBrewer said:
Who in the hell puts their beer down at parties?

Twas thinking this myself. The only time I put my beer down is if I'm drinking at home, or I'm seated at a table/bar.

If there are a ton of people around, that beer is in my hand until it's finished. People say I have a pretty mouth......

In all seriousness, I tend to be wary of other people's pathogens, it's a hygiene issue to me.

uncommonsense said:
To be roofyed

Don't go to too many parties where that would happen. Left the college scene a long time ago. I put my beer down at the parties I go to all the time. Usually don't have a problem finding it though.

Back