bringing back beer on a plane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
call the airport and ask

Primary- Wet Hop Citra Pale Ale
Kegged- Sorachi Ace Pilsner
Kegged- 10 Gal Black IPA
Bottled- Berliner Weisse
Next batches- 10 Gal Oatmeal Stout, Kolsch

I just brought beer back in my checked luggage. I don't know if they inspected it, but it did go through an xray machine. All three bottles arrived safely back home with me.

I brought back beer in checked luggage. They opened my checked luggage and left a note that they inspected it. No problems. Everything made it home safely.

well he just stocked up on angels share, hop 15, supplication, pliny, consecration, red poppy ale, ect. hope it works out for him. i told him to call the airport and if there were any problems for him to just mail them back.

I'm a baggage handler at Seattle-Tacoma International. Yes, you can put alcohol in your checked baggage. As long as the bottles are not open, it is fine. TSA opens and inspects almost every bag. However, I strongly recommend wrapping the bottles in bubble wrap or something. Keep in mind Your bag will not be placed gently in the aircraft; it WILL be thrown, hurled, and or kicked. Just giving you a heads up. :)

checked baggage-wrap that **** up in plastic bags or something. ive brought back a few L of scotch in checked baggage. while it may be against an airline's policy to let you, TSA does not act as an agent of the airline and as long as its fine by TSA guidelines they won't blab to the company.

Back