Best Variety Pack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
I like to walk out of the liquor store with a variety of craft beers, so variety packs always catch my eye. Not to mention the fact that many times they contain beers you can't get otherwise.

For me, I really like Odell's Fall/Winter Montage. Gramp's Oatmeal Stout (a limited release beer), Isolation Ale (a very good winter ale), Odell IPA (a very, very good IPA) and 5 Barrel Pale Ale (a good English pale).

Sierra Nevada's Snowpack looks interesting too. Coffee Stout, Porter, Boomerang IPA and Pale Ale. Only one of those I've tried is the Pale Ale (because, who hasn't??).

SN's Beer Camp pack looked interesting too, but I live in the barren wasteland of craft beer (aka South Dakota), so we never got that out here.

Any other favorites?

Odell comes to Texas now, but I haven't seen the variety pack from them.. would love to pick one up... I'll pick up the Sierra Nevada if I see that one also.. which is probably more likely.

I was under whelmed with the SN snow pack. The coffee was just not my style. I'm loving Firestone walkers variety pack. Union Jack ipa, DBA (English), pale 31, and 805 (a honey ale that goes all with the ladies)

Ninkasi has a very good variety pack, though it kind of depends on the season since I'm not a big fan of their summer seasonals, but it's always got Oatis (very tasty) and Total Domination (one of the few IPAs I really enjoy) and 2 other seasonals. My personal favorite Ninkasi pack is the winter one, Vanilla Oatis and Sleighr, hell yes. I'm usually also a big fan of Widmer's variety pack, a hefe, an IPA, Alchemy and whatever their seasonal is, plus I can usually get it for about $14. Alaska puts out a pretty good pack as well.

I was under whelmed with the SN snow pack. The coffee was just not my style. I'm loving Firestone walkers variety pack. Union Jack ipa, DBA (English), pale 31, and 805 (a honey ale that goes all with the ladies)

I actually loved the snow pack, the coffee has become one of my favorite coffee stouts. I really like coffee imperials and this is the first one that seems to deliver but with a smaller beer. However I was not as impressed with the porter. I actually went back to the store yesterday to grab two more packs, but they were out already.

Back