Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > ATTENTION CORPUS CHRISTI BREWERS (if there are any)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Alamo_Beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default ATTENTION CORPUS CHRISTI BREWERS (if there are any)

I went to THE hbs today and was talking to the manager and told her this Saterday April 7th is "Brew Year's Day" and told her she should have a sale. I was pretty much joking but she said ok!

So if there is anyone in Corpus that brews this Saterday there will be a 10% off sale at The Toddy Shoppe on Weber.

They have pretty good prices to begin with as well. 6.5 gal carboys are 23.99 5 gal are 18.99 and they have 3 gal as well but I can't remember the prices.

I'm going to pick up some swing top bottles....they're 18.99 for 12

The only problem with this place is I'm not sure I would trust the hops and maybe some of the other ingredients bc of freshness. The hops aren't refridgerated....just on a shelf.

They also don't sell liquid yeast bc she said no one was buying them and it was costing her too much to have them.

But for equipment and stuff they're pretty good and a 10% off sales nothing to laugh at.

Take it easy!

*I'm in no way affiliated with them......just a customer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
LarMoeCur
Recipes 

Greenhornet,

Having just moved to Corpus, I was in search of a LHBS. I was very disappointed when I found the Toddy Shop. The last two cities I lived in had multipul HBSs. I could take my pick of the best. I got spoiled! Now I'm in Corpus and mail order (Austin) because I do A.G. and the Toddy has nothing I need. If I remember right it was $2.78 for a pound of cyrstal malt. Pretty steep pricing, I'm sure they do not sell a ton of A.G. supplies. I asked about a bulk order of 2 row and was qouted $75 a bag. I can order it shipped to my house for way less than that.

Now those equipment prices look pretty good. I may have to stop back in and see if much has changed. Maybe pick up a third carboy.

By the way any other brewing clubs or homebrewing shops in the Corpus area?

Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

LarMoeCur.....good to see someone else in corpus that brews!

I know what you mean about the quality of ingredients....I would deffinatly not buy any hops from there and would be leary of grain

They had a big trash can that said "2-row 99 cents a pound" which isn't a bad price but who knows how long it's been hanging out there you know?

but as far as equipment goes they have good prices. esp the bottles and carboys....it's worth a shot

I talked to the lady, sounds like she would have a larger store if she could but there isn't much of a market for it here in corpus

there is a club though......i've never been or anything but it's called BASH....Bay Area Society of Homebrewers

either ask her about it or there is a site if you google it

take it easy man

Quick Reply