Ahhhhh the beginning of the pipeline!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished week 6 of Brewing Class and now the wait is killing me!:eek:
Week 1 British Brown Ale 5gal Bottled Jan 27th Tasted one last week. Needs a little more time
Week 2 Foreign Style Stout 5gal Bottled Feb 3rd Tasted one last week. Tastes good but as I expected needs more time.
Week 3 Dbl Choc Porter and Belgian Wit 10 gal Bottled Feb 17
Week 4 Small Scottish Ale 5 gal
Week 5 Russian Imperial Stout 10 gal Split and added 4lb Raspberry I was told to leave it alone for a year once it's bottled. Like I can wait that long.
Week 6 Bitenburger Pilsner
Now the wait.

But at least I can sample as they age :mug:

FG is checked at 2 weeks and bottled if it is ready. Some take longer than others. Only 4 of us in class and with 6 giant kettles we have plenty of room. Also there have been at least 5 volunteers every class to help with brewing and bottling. And they make us taste all kinds of beers lol

Classes are with Buck Reid at the Flying Barrel. His book with about 75 recipes is $15.00. Let me know if you want one.

Brewing Class? Cool.

What's your scheduled guidelines for when the beer is "finished"?... and is there a book to accompany this class?

Sounds like a good class, especially if they dont have you tasting your batch from Week 1 yet. Have you bottled or kegged any of the batches yet? I would say that that Brown Ale could be ready next week or so, assuming its already been bottled for 2 weeks?

If I were to set up a class with specific recipes I would probably make a quicker beer like IPA or Wit in the first couple weeks, then push the higher ABV beers like RIS to the end of the course (knowing that everyone is usually impatient on their first couple batches).

Good luck and let us know how it tastes!

Back