New cold crashing fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
Ok so I have been brewing for about 5 years now, I do not know how many beers I have under my belt but I don't claim to be an expert. Just a few days ago I had a Kolsch style that I brewed and looked like pond scum. After some help on here I went to from scum to proud! I added gelatin and cold crashed then kegged it. Look at the Pic attached! Thanks for all the help...less then a week! I'm sure it'll get better with carbonation! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407700000.020752.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407700143.442145.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407700154.898947.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

During the last year or so, I started cold crashing, and I now use Irish Moss @15, as I never really had good luck with gelatin. I go one extra step these days: I cool my BK as low as is practical, and wait until the junk settles, and then I pour it through doubled paint strainers, and all but a small amount of trub is caught. It makes a huge difference come time to cold crash, as there is very little trub left to worry about.

Back