Double gelatin - primary and secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btaz

Reaction score
I've used gelatin in a secondary and have been able to bottle condition just fine. I'm working on making a Kolsch and want to see how clear I can get this to be. Any experiences or thoughts on cold crashing and using gelatin in the primary and repeating it again the same steps later in the secondary?

Maybe the two weeks while it was carbing in the keg. If I recall I may have cold crashed for a day or two in primary to drop some yeast and then transferred to the keg and held at 34 degrees for 2 weeks while carbing (set and forget) and after I poured off a pint or two of sediment that settled it was brilliantly clear. Honestly it was one of the clearest beers I have seen before. I don't use gelatin in any of my batches anymore, I just condition for a couple weeks while carbing and they all get very clear.

Thanks. I bottle for now, but have never cold crashed that long before bottling. I have noticed the beers that sit in the fridge (bottle crashing) for a couple of weeks do get pretty clear too.

Back