Whose Brett and Bacteria do you prefer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chromados

Reaction score
Hello, Just about to order my Brett and bacteria from BMW and was wondering who you prefer, Wyeast or White Lab. I usually use White Labs yeast but I have heard very good things about Wyeast's bacteria and brett.

Chromados

I'm happy with Wyeast, It's also the only one that i've tasted. I have a beer with White Labs aging

I've only used Wyeast and all have turned out great. I'm sure the same can be said for WL, but no personal experience with that.

If you do some searching in this forum you'll find various times ryane and themadfermentationist have said they get different flavor profiles from both companies, especially when it comes to brett.

I tend to like the Wyeast Bretts (although I really like the White Labs Brett C), for bacteria its about even. Honestly though the best results I've gotten have been from bottle dregs.

I have always used White Labs, simply because they are the most available. I've had good success with all strains.

Honestly though the best results I've gotten have been from bottle dregs.

I think the best advice for sour brewing I heard was from you, OldSock. Paraphrased: if you're paying 6-10$ for a packet of Brett or sour culture, you might as well get a bottle of beer out of it.

Latest posts

Back